Warrior Cats A RPG -> SHADOWCLAN DEPUTY TRYOUTS

Warrior Cats: A RPG

NEWS: June's Gathering is up!
Check out Project: Zelig!
The Tribe has a board now.

Weather: It's newleaf! Each clan is having some weird weather.

Ongoing Events:
Congratulations to Elephant Graveyard for winning the shopkeeper design contest!

Voting for summer's Artist and RPer of the Season have started! Open through June 30th.
Click to vote for: Artist of the Season | RPer of the Season

Make 60 posts this month for a chance at winning a $15 gift card in our June Raffle!

Add Reply
New Poll

SHADOWCLAN DEPUTY TRYOUTS, applications due march 15th
mikki
 Posted: Feb 26 2018, 10:22 PM

mikki

Freshkill:
herald
she/her
Played by
Member Inventory: View
Donate Freshkill: Here

Badges

Awards: 4

resident hockey nerd

Officers

shadowclan has a new leader! at long last starclan has given midnighttheater the sign she's been waiting for ever since they revealed firemountain and comfreyfrost were not fit for leadership. their chosen? raventhorn, longtime shadowclan warrior and sarcastic grump extraordinaire.

since shadowclan has so few warriors, we're hosting tryouts! hopefully this will kill two birds with one stone and also bring more members into our clan. even if you aren't chosen for shadowclan's new deputy, we hope you decide to stick around with your character and keep plotting with us!

rules & info

• applications are due on the 15th of march - that gives you just over two weeks to submit an application.
  • you can apply with a new character, but you must be active with them between the time of your application and the deadline. this is to encourage members to join shadowclan and post and discourage people from applying just for the sake of an HP.
  • sign up for the wca discord if you haven't already. if you absolutely cannot, that's fine and can be worked around - but it's strongly encouraged because that's where a majority of plotting happens and there is a group DM for shadowclan HPs.
  • once your application is posted, PM or DM me 1-3 plot ideas you have for shadowclan! (this is a mandatory part of the application process and must be done to be considered when applications close).
  • raventhorn will only be choosing one deputy.

form (thanks shally!)
CODE
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Character Age:[/b]
[b]Brief History:[/b]
[b]Other Notes:[/b]

[b]Character Strengths:[/b] (at least three)
[b]Character Weaknesses:[/b] (at least three)

[b]Why choose you?:[/b] (From the character's perspective, have them briefly explain why they would be a good choice for deputy. Or why they wouldn't be!)

--------------------
HOLLOWSTAR, leader of riverclan
RAVENSTAR, leader of shadowclan
PALEBLOSSOM, medicine cat of windclan

my characters
PM
^
Egotistical Lilypad
 Posted: Mar 1 2018, 09:06 PM

Egotistical Lilypad

Freshkill:
Ravenclaw
Female
Played by A Sith Lord

Badges

Awards: 5

Spiritually Andy Bernard

Kittypet

Username: Egotistical Lilypad
Character Name: Nevermoor
Character Age: 29 moons
Brief History: Before Nevermoor was a part of any clan he was a loner by the name of Raven, desperate to do whatever he could to survive stumbling upon WindClan he was graced by their kindness and found, what he thought, was a home.
For a long period of time Nevermoor grew desensitized to those around him. He felt disconnected from the others in WindClan, as if he did not belong. During the absence of Shinystar and many others he took the time to disappear from WindClan completely.
During his travels he was mauled by a dog and left by the ThunderPath where consequently ShadowClanners found him and took him in. He strove to feel disconnected from everyone in the clan as well, fairly certain as soon as he healed he would be back to his old ways. Only something different happened. He could feel himself connecting with other ShadowClanners. It felt almost like a place he could actually call home with those who he felt he could truly connect to.
Before his disappearance Nevermoor was falling for a ThunderClanner by the name of Spottedlegs he had professed his feelings before she disappeared with her father and he was captured.
Nevermoor spent time with abusive owners who began using him as a tattoo canvas for several weeks. Finally he was able to escape and return back to ShadowClan. The only place he felt he belonged
Other Notes: He has no idea where his third eye came from or where he came from

Character Strengths:
Calculative, in most situations Nevermoor is more of an observer rather than initiator he takes time to assess his surroundings before acting.
Loyal (despite history) Once Nevermoor truly feels a connection to something there it little anyone can do to keep him from it, he will go to great lengths to protect his home and those he has come to love.
Hardworking, when Nevermoor's mind is not occupied by constant pain he is actually a very hard worker, being a loner he was not used to authority but quickly learned that you must carry your own weight when you reside in ShadowClan. Nevermoor feels he owes a great debt to ShadowClan since they took him in and nursed him back to health. He works everyday to try to repay that hospitality wokring for the benefit of the clan. If Nevermoor has his mind set on a task he will often not rest till it is done.
Character Weaknesses:
Secretive, its something nevermoor is hardly aware of himself but he often gives very vague and open ended answers when others try to ask questions of himself or his past. Pointing out his secretive nature might result in denial, dig further and Nevermoor might become agitated.
Unpredictable, this is most likely due to his secretive nature. The hairless tom is rather unpredictable when it comes to his actions. He is good at masking his emotions and also there are still those who doubt his loyalty from past actions. While it is very unlikely Nevermoor would abandon his current home there are those who might say otherwise.
Dogmatic, Nevermoor has never been in a position of power, nor in a position where he ever felt he had some authority over others. If given the chance it would be very likely he would be hesitant at first but gradually grow into it. Learn to be more authoritarian and enforce the rules.
Why choose you?: “A good choice for deputy? I can’t promise you much in terms of skill and experience, having only been a member of the clans for nearly 10 moons now, but I can promise you that I would defend that title and this clan with my life...It has been a long time since I’ve even been able to call someplace home. ShadowClan showed me great hospitality and I try to work everyday to repay that debt, this would make that debt easier to repay. I have never been in a place of authority, the concept is a little foreign. I cannot promise you I would grasp it right away but I would make it my goal to learn everything I can.”

--------------------
user posted image
Clans: Silverstar ❁ Deadeye ❁ Emberblade ❁ Dusk ❁ Eastcreek and Westriver ❁ Hollykit ❁ Backkit ❁ Polkastrike ❁ Novapaw ❁ Oakenshield ❁ Effervescentkit ❁ Nevermoor ❁ Rainkit ❁ Smallstorm ❁ Cherrypaw ❁ Forestkit ❁ Ivyfang ❁ Ghostpaw ❁ Lambthroat ❁ Shatterpaw ❁ Shadekit

Others:: Luna ❁ Dagian ❁ Bree ❁ Egypt ❁ Nebris ❁ Rhoda Montcroix

Hogwarts: Zachary Moncrieff {R} ❁ Pilot Connelly {H} ❁ Natsuki Kuroki {S} ❁ Freya Winters
PM
^
prunella
 Posted: Mar 3 2018, 10:54 PM

prunella

Freshkill:
she/her
Played by prunella

Badges

Awards: 2

Members

Username: prunella
Character Name: Rookcall
Character Age: 26 moons
Brief History: Rookcall was born to his mother, Breezewing, and his father, Crowclaw. He was born during a difficult leaf-bare, full of greencough and weakness that happened to strike his mother and his only sibling a moon after he was born. Rookcall was already weaned when his mother died and he spent the rest of his kithood in the nursery without any parental figures, as his father didn't care much for him and preferred to disregard his presence. Born a she-cat, Rookcall often felt as if that label didn't fit him. From the moment he could string together coherent sentences, he requested to be referred to as a tomcat. Before he was made an apprentice, his father was killed after he was hit by a monster on the Thunderpath, leaving Rookcall alone with no family. Rookcall was quite lonely, and already born with insecurities and a tendency to be self-deprecating, he slacked during his apprenticeship. He believed that he wouldn't end up a good warrior anyway, so he gradually fell behind his peers in his training. Finally, after some choice words from his mentor and seeing his associates surpass him and become warriors, he decided to step it up and train as he was meant to do. He fought through his self-loathing enough to not berate himself at every failure and got through his apprentice training. As a warrior now, he can be impulsive and seem like an absolute idiot at times, but truly, his actions stem from the fact that he hates himself. He gets into trouble because of his disregard for his own safety. Although he can be thoughtless when it concerns himself, he deeply cares for his Clanmates and can be diplomatic or enforce rules when things come to a head.
Other Notes:

Character Strengths:
Courageous
In the heat of battle or when facing a problem, Rookcall would be the first to volunteer his life or his skills, no matter the adversary. He would fight tooth and claw to protect his Clan as well as put himself in danger for someone else's sake.

Friendly
Rookcall can be quite diplomatic when the situation requires it. He offers friendliness to his Clanmates and would rather avoid drama or altercations if he can help it. He will not hesitate to defend what's right, however, but will attempt to pose his argument in the best way possible so as to not cause a quarrel. When dealing with a trespasser, Rookcall regards them warily, though he presents himself cordially unless it's necessary to act otherwise.

Curious
Rookcall would be the first to explore an abandoned fox or badger den to measure any possible uses, or just for the sake of adventure. This trait goes hand-in-hand with his courageous trait. If anything potentially dangerous needs to be explored, you can bet that Rookcall would be the first to offer his help.

Character Weaknesses:
Impulsive
Rookcall often gets himself into difficult situations. Things happen out of good intention, though, such as the time he got stuck in a patch of brambles after trying to catch some prey that tends to be scarce in leaf-bare. Most of his impulsiveness comes from his disregard for his own life and he would never put others in danger because of his own tendency to act without thought.

Clumsy
Rookcall's clumsiness comes with his impulsiveness. He sometimes has issues regarding observational and situational awareness, which can lead him into problems. When he has to, though, he will be vigilant for the sake of his Clan.

Nihilistic
Rookcall has trouble believing anything actually matters in the grand scheme of things. He believes there is something beyond StarClan and beyond what cats believe -- things he doesn't understand. He struggles with knowing that ultimately, the Clans are insignificant and there is so much more to learn about, quite literally, everything. He tries to let these thoughts make him feel free rather than depressed, but the latter always seems to happen.

Why choose you?: Rookcall shuffled his paws for a moment before settling back on his haunches. He never expected to be interviewed for a possible deputy position. He didn't think he deserved it, if anything, and that there were more capable warriors that could do the job more efficiently than him. Nevertheless, ShadowClan needed a deputy, and Rookcall knew that Ravenstar would take into account every possible applicant. Maybe he'd even take Rookcall into account. The prospect of that simultaneously scared Rookcall and excited him.
"Well, first of all, I'm clearly Ravenstar's best friend," Rookcall joked, adding a pretentious sniff and upturning his nose for comedic effect, "but really, I think even though sometimes I can cause problems for myself, I have never let my own carelessness hurt anyone else... I always try to put my Clan first and I can be stern or commanding when I need to be. My life comes after my Clanmates' lives, as they are ultimately worth more to me than saving my own skin. If I were to be given the position, I would continue to defend ShadowClan with tooth and claw. I know for a fact that I would act maturely in my Clan's time of need and try my best to offer any necessary skills that I have."
PM
^
Numb
 Posted: Mar 7 2018, 06:53 PM

Numb

Freshkill:
Big Gay
He/Him
Played by

Badges

Awards: 2

vsauce, michael here

Loner

Username: Number 1
Character Name: Blackjay
Character Age: 31 moons
Brief History:
Blackjay was from a broken home - quite literally broken. Brother to Raventhorn and Goldenpaw,then named Rookkit, he was the eldest of the three but was still merely a kitten when his father had been gravely mutilated and left for his children to see. Pelt torn and guts sprawled before innocent eyes, the sight of so much blood and so much mutilation was all Blackjay remembered of his father. His mother, wallowing in her own grief soon followed suite, victim to the claws of death as heartbreak took her life leaving her three children behind. Raven and Rookkit parted upon the death of their family - Rook taking care of little Goldenkit who was far too young to even realize any of these horrific things had happened.

Rookkit turned into Rookpaw and rapidly he turned to repression as a coping mechanism, masking everything behind a false persona and toothy grin to attempt to hide his suffering, truly adopting the figure of a father for Goldenpaw while Raven drifted further and further away. Goldenkit - later Goldenpaw was all that kept Rookpaw - later Rookfeather sane. Ravenpaw - later Raventhorn was lost to him, so distanced and so neglectful when Goldenpaw fell into the clasps of death Rookfeather had been stripped of all he valued and rapidly turned to impulsive, risky behaviour to fill the void in his heart with some sort of pleasure, some sort of life and fullness.

In this period he fell for a rogue and left Shadowclan in pursuit of the tom, then changing his name from Rookfeather to Blackjay and adopting an all new identity for the sake of leaving his past behind.
It was quick and one day the newly identified tom fell pregnant with the rogue's litter. He had been initially joyous of the situation -- his mate, however, was not. He pinned Blackjay and in an attempt to kill the kittens Blackjay was carrying left him with a gaping gash from his pelvis to his ribs.

The attempt was successful for Blackjay miscarried weeks later and left his mate far behind in his tracks. Still, however, he continued to seek pleasure. Whatever litters he'd be left with all killed before birth either through voluntary violence or self-poisoning for the sake of never having to become a mother.

His most recent affair was with Vita, a tawny she-cat who later joined him to return to Shadowclan in order to congratulate his brother, now Ravenstar on becoming a leader
Other Notes: Oooof this was longer than intended

Character Strengths:
Charismatic
Blackjay's a total sweet-talker, he's swift with his tongue and genius with his words and because of this his speech can dance and drum to the rhythm of any situation. If he needs to persuade, he could do so effectively. Convince someone? No problem. Charm another? Oh that one is definitely no issue. He has quite a way with words and is fully capable of using them as a ferocious weapon as well as a holy saviour

Ambitious
No goal is too great, no dream too outlandish. Blackjay aims for the stars and way up above and never settles for mediocricy. He strives for the best and intends to offer such to his people as well as to himself whenever he can. He is incredibly goal-oriented and once his mind is fixed on something it is never to result as a failure. Not when he's still breathing.

Determined
Giving up is not in Blackjay's vocabulary. He is a man of great ambition and he would much rather die than leave his many goals unfulfilled. He has a strong spirit and a heart of bold will, a true fire that would never burn out even in the strongest of winds or the heaviest of rains. He is the spirit of the people and his determination radiates through the harshest of times

Character Weaknesses:
Rude
What could I say? Blackjay is honest, his words are spoken quite clear and what's on his mind is written on his sleeve. Many would see this as a positive trait but his mind is not necessarily the kindest of them all. He is very brusque and cares little for offending another, he tends to be quite sassy in his retorts and has quite a fire on his tongue

Emotional
Blackjay is incredibly emotional, not in the way which leaves an individual melancholic, no, but in the way that makes his emotions unstable. He can go from enthusiastic to livid to furious to cocky in the span of a minute, making him unpredictable and perhaps even off-putting to many. His emotions are difficult to control and sometimes take a toll on his behaviour

Inappropriate
Formal? What is that? Blackjay is an incredibly casual fellow and has no streak of professionalism to him. He speaks to all, strangers and enemies alike as if close friends and has little respect for boundaries. He finds moments to crack jokes when unnessesary and fails to remain serious in moments which require seriosity.

Why choose you?:
"Because I'm your brother and you love me. Besides - everyone so far has been a total grump. Firestar and whatnot, now you? Come on, Ravey, you need a leader who can deal with shit and be the grumpy man - that's you. The deputy's the fun-loving spirit of the people - that's me. Listen we're both roughed up around the edges but hey if you let me fix you up as a leader you could fix me up as a person. or try to.
In all seriousness... Shadowclan was my family when I had none, they raised me up, lifted me from lows, I wanna give that back. I wanna give them the spirit they need and the smiles and good times we seem to be missing with all that's been happening. I wanna give them hope and strength, something I've learned to built up through the years."

--------------------
CAT CHARACTERS
HUMAN CHARACTERS

ART SHOP

user posted image
props to Citali for the sig <3
PMWebsite
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | ShadowClan | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Antarsia-Rpg Warriors: No Moon Bearbones Feles rebirth