Warrior Cats A RPG -> Some things never change [P]

Warrior Cats: A RPG

NEWS: June's Gathering is up!
Check out Project: Zelig!
The Tribe has a board now.

Weather: It's newleaf! Each clan is having some weird weather.

Ongoing Events:
Congratulations to Elephant Graveyard for winning the shopkeeper design contest!

Voting for summer's Artist and RPer of the Season have started! Open through June 30th.
Click to vote for: Artist of the Season | RPer of the Season

Make 60 posts this month for a chance at winning a $15 gift card in our June Raffle!

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Some things never change [P], Fishing with Wildeye
Wildeye
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 10:57 PM

Wildeye

Freshkill:
warrior
she/her
Played by Shally
Member Inventory: View
Donate Freshkill: Here

Badges

Awards: None

I don't want to be someone else

RiverClan

She didn't move away, even as she felt his warm breath against her whiskers, his nose against her scarred cheek. It was a soft, barely-there touch, and it took her long heartbeats before she pressed back, dragging her cheek along his nose. While Wildeye didn't rise, didn't shift to rub her cheek along him, and no purr rose from her throat, she was there.

Somehow, that made it feel more real to her than any time she'd heard love professed before. Those had been stupid, vapid things, and this - this was terrifying, because there was a depth to it. It was like looking into the gorge, except this time planning to leap.

Wildeye squeezed her one eye shut, empty socket struggling to follow suit. And then she ducked her nose, pulling back and then pressing her forehead into the hollow of his throat. Her ears were low and back, but not pinned, and her breath gusted into the fur of his chest.

There were words and phrases and empty platitudes and complaints that ran through her mind. Yes, you idiot, she could've said. No, because I'm a mess, and I'm not lying when I say you deserve better, she should've said. Why do you want someone broken, she was tempted to ask.

"Just don't leave me," she said instead.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Cedarheart
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 11:18 PM

Cedarheart

Freshkill:
Deputy
Male
Played by Lunlun

Badges

Awards: 1

The Patrol Guy™

RiverClan

"I never want to," he breathed back, shivering at the feeling of holding her close and her warm breath against his fur.

They were mates. Best friends and partners in every sense of the word. Wherever Wildeye would go, he wanted to follow. They would argue, cry, laugh, and probably share a number of days that would make them wish everything could be different. But he felt safer knowing that she'd be with him. He could deal with loss, grief and anger if it came with someone he trusted at his side.

And somehow that felt surreal to him. Like nothing had changed. Aside from their acknowledgement of how the other felt, probably very little actually had changed. They had new options, and maybe more avenues of trust to build between them, but he'd always been in love with her. She'd loved him before this moment, too.

They were both bad at this, but it didn't make Cedarheart any less happy to have the love of his life tucked neatly beneath his chin. He rasped his tongue gently over the ear on her injured side, stretching a little to keep it comfortable for his mate as she nestled against him. They could stand to wait a while before moving, he felt. There was nowhere else to be, and nowhere else he wanted to.

--------------------
Deputy of Civil Affairs of RiverClan.

Fullybody ref
PM
^
Wildeye
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 11:24 PM

Wildeye

Freshkill:
warrior
she/her
Played by Shally

Badges

RiverClan

"Good," she said, her voice a little firmer, a tremulous hint of her normal humor finding its way back into her voice. Wildeye still couldn't summon a purr, emotions too high and altogether roiled to manage it, but she pressed gingerly beneath his chin. A deep breath brought his scent deep into her lungs, a smell she really knew as well as she knew anything.

It was hard to determine how long they sat there, but finally, gingerly, she pulled away. There weren't tears, or sorrow, in her eye, but there was an open sort of vulnerability that was so incredibly rare for the she-cat. "We should get this fish back to camp," she said, glancing down to where her claws were still stuck into her catch. Cuddling over a fish.

That seemed, somehow, appropriate.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Cedarheart
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 11:40 PM

Cedarheart

Freshkill:
Deputy
Male
Played by Lunlun

Badges

Awards: 1

The Patrol Guy™

RiverClan

Cedarheart enjoyed the moment for as long as he could. Wildeye's forehead rubbed against his chin and throat, her warm body slightly wet where it pressed to his. They were still half soaked, of course. And, as Wildeye reminded him moments later- standing on top of their day's catch.

He glanced down at the fish. The dead trout seemed suspiciously fitting of their romantic life, and he couldn't decide if that was funny or if it just made him cringe at their combined lack of finesse. Probably a little of both, he decided, huffing in quiet amusement. "If anyone asks, the fish was not involved," he deadpanned, reluctantly pulling away from his mate.

"Burnout and Hollowstar would be calling me Cedarfish into the elders' den." He smiled kindly at her, bowing his head to grasp the fish in his teeth. Then, he tilted his head in an open gesture- did she want to lead the way? He supposed it didn't matter much, his tail already brushing her flank and shoulder as he started to walk. Her paws in step with his, and their pelts brushing, Cedarheart couldn't bring himself to be apprehensive any more than he could stop purring.

[[ / out ]]

--------------------
Deputy of Civil Affairs of RiverClan.

Fullybody ref
PM
^
Wildeye
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 11:45 PM

Wildeye

Freshkill:
warrior
she/her
Played by Shally

Badges

RiverClan

"I'll try to keep it secret," she said with a soft snort, rising to her paws. As he slipped down from the branch, she went with him, hooking her tail across his back and placing him, as ever, on her blind side.

Instead of leading the way, she walked beside him - all the way back to camp.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | RiverClan | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Antarsia-Rpg Warriors: No Moon Bearbones Feles rebirth