Warrior Cats A RPG -> SAYORI KNEW THE WHOLE TIME

Warrior Cats: A RPG

NEWS: June's Gathering is up!
Check out Project: Zelig!
The Tribe has a board now.

Weather: It's newleaf! Each clan is having some weird weather.

Ongoing Events:
Congratulations to Elephant Graveyard for winning the shopkeeper design contest!

Voting for summer's Artist and RPer of the Season have started! Open through June 30th.
Click to vote for: Artist of the Season | RPer of the Season

Make 60 posts this month for a chance at winning a $15 gift card in our June Raffle!

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

SAYORI KNEW THE WHOLE TIME, medicine cat gathering
supernatural
 Posted: Feb 2 2018, 08:32 PM

supernatural

Freshkill:
Healer
Female
Played by Bits
Member Inventory: View
Donate Freshkill: Here

Badges

Awards: 3

My own worst nightmare

Members

Supernatural was leaving camp, and her children, behind in order to attend the medicine cat gathering. It was an exercise in futility for the Riverclan medicine cat -- she was unable to communicate with their spiritual ancestors. Oh yes, she didn't doubt the existence of Starclan, but through her own actions she was cut off from the holy ancestors.

So during these meetings, she tended to begrudgingly chat with the other healers and then sleep next to the moonstone. While she didn't have the ability to chat with their holy ancestors, the proximity to the stone tended to stave off her nightmares and keep the Dark Forest from dragging her kicking and screaming. She didn't sleep well, and after the brutal attack and attempt on her life, well...

The twisted black molly waited towards the entrance of the moonstone. She huffed through her now crooked jaw, which hung awkwardly because of the break early last month. Still, Supernatural's sharp eyes set out against scars both old and fresh, waiting for the arrival of the others.

--------------------

Thanks to tybaxel for the avatar and my dearest onesie for the signature
PM
^
seedshine
 Posted: Feb 2 2018, 09:18 PM

seedshine

Freshkill:
med cat
female
Played by Tybaxel

Badges

Awards: 1

希望 the high priestess

ThunderClan

Tonight marked Seedpaw's first medicine cat gathering - while initially she'd felt nothing but relentless anxiety at the thought of meeting with the other medics, conversing with near strangers and sharing thoughts with their ancestors, it soon began to melt into a prying fascination as she trudged through the gaping entrance to Mothermouth, taking in the sparkling stalagmites and crystals that seemed to glow under an unknown light. Paws filled the prints leftover from many before her as she made her way down the dark trail, her mentor surely right behind her.

The Moonstone itself was as miraculous of a sight as she'd hoped, if not better. The glittering, crystallized rock seemed illuminated beneath the dim light of the half moon, filtering in through an opening above them. One cat was already there - the RiverClan medicine cat, Supernatural, a dark, almost unwelcoming shadow against the blue-lit walls of the cavern. Quite frankly, the black molly seriously frightened Seedpaw, and her sour attitude had her often wondering why she ever wanted to be a medicine cat in the first place. Regardless, she sat a few tail lengths away from Supernatural, offering her a strained smile before turning to wait for the others.

--------------------
seedshine ♀ - thunderclan - 14 moons - lynx point
bio + voiceclaim: beyonce
user posted image
PM
^
telegraphavenue
 Posted: Feb 2 2018, 10:30 PM

telegraphavenue

Freshkill:
MED CAT
HE/HIM
Played by birbs

Badges

i begged you to stay

ThunderClan

seemed that it was that time again. the half moon signaling the night of the gathering with the medicine cats was upon them and it was time to get going. it was only his second meeting, but the brown tabby tom wasn't fond of them.

not that he wasn't fond of the other medicine cats (i mean he wasn't not really, but that was more because he hardly knew any of them than it was out of actual dislike), but he preferred being with his own clan in his own den by himself, though seedpaw and diesel were alright too. southskies too before she'd been absolutely furious with him.

he ducked into the opening after seedpaw, offering a tremulous smile and a brief nod to supernatural. "hello super," he greeted, hating how his voice was half a squeak of fear. much like his apprentice, the thunderclan medicine cat was damn near terrified of the small black molly. she seemed alright from far off, a bit gruff if anything, but he also had the foreboding sense that if she chose to she could rip him to shreds. palepaw seemed to like her though, so maybe...

then again, palepaw liked most everyone.

telly shook the thoughts away before gathering his courage and hesitantly addressing the riverclan medicine cat again, "i don't think we've talked much," if at all knowing the tabby tom's reluctance to interact, "but, um, how are you doing this moon?" he haltingly flicked his tail to his apprentice, "er, this is seedpaw, my apprentice," stumbling over the introduction and internally snapping at himself to shut up. i mean, really? it wasn't like the riverclan medicine cared and hell, he was terrified of her so why was he trying to play nice? he snapped his jaws shut and studied his paws then, cursing himself for having said anything in the first place.

PM
^
paleblossom
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 12:48 PM

paleblossom

Freshkill:
mc
female
Played by mikki

Badges

in my head i do everything right

WindClan

it had taken palepaw longer than usual to arrive, and when she did it was clear she was not all right. the windclan medicine cat apprentice shook like a leaf, jaw set to stop her lips from trembling with emotion.

instead of walking straight through windclan territory and crossing the thunderpath right across from highstones, she had taken an alternate round that led her close to fivetrees and the border with shadowclan. tunnels ran underneath the thunderpath there, the very same that shadowclan typically used when going to gatherings. palepaw had skirted the thunderpath, giving it as wide a berth as possible until she reached the tunnels - but even then it had taken her nearly an hour to convince herself to get close enough to step into the darkness, trembling and crying as she picked her way through the shallow, filthy water that slithered through the tunnel. and when a monster had screamed overhead, louder as thunder, shaking the world around her so hard it made her teeth vibrate, she had screamed, and wailed, and collapsed into the water, terrified she would be crushed like sageleaf. and when it passed she rose slowly, and darted into the safety of the moonlight beyond. then she had paused again to clean her fur, but no amount of grooming could cleanse the foul scent of dirty water and garbage.

now she approached the other medicine cats with her head down, green eyes cut sharply to the side to avoid meeting anyone's gaze. too tired, exhausted by her harrowing journey to get there, palepaw could only collapse on the ground and wait for the others to arrive.

if it had been anyone else - her clanmates, warriors from another clan - palepaw might have pulled herself together and shown some semblance of calm. but these were her fellow medicine cats, and the relationships and duties that bound their order together were different. there was a reason the medicine cats were held apart from the rest of the code, ruled by a different set of tenements. because starclan knew they would need each other in times like these, that only a fellow medicine cat could understand another's plight.

--------------------
PLEASE TAG @MIKKI IF YOU NEED ME!
avatar by citali, sig art by tybaxel~
user posted image
PM
^
supernatural
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 01:41 PM

supernatural

Freshkill:
Healer
Female
Played by Bits

Badges

My own worst nightmare

Members

Supernatural was not one for idle conversation. She was a touch too grumpy around camp, and when she interacted with other clans, she became even worse. Seedpaw's fear of her was at once amusing and damning for the black molly, who knew that she would never be considered a feline worth trusting or anything less than fear. But she grunted at the apprentice and let her eyes drift to the child's mentor as he spoke.

Despite her terrifying appearance, Supernatural was one of the younger medicine cats. Experience had aged her though, and it was hard to tell that the twisted bundle of scars was young. Still, when Telly spoke, she replied through the ache of her now quite crooked jaw.

"... nice t'meet you, Seedpaw."

She grumbled, nose twitching as conversation was extracted from her like teeth being pulled with pliers. Of course, when her jaw opened, the gaps where her teeth were missing in droves made themselves clear, and she was harrowingly aware of it.

"I've had better moons. Herb stores are low. A dog tore through camp, and someone did their damnedest to kill me. Broke m'damn jaw. Not much left for wounds."

The brief summary was more or less emotionless, and Nat didn't express anything until her Windclan friend arrived. In that moment, so many alarm bells went off that the black molly turned sharp and fierce, claws out in an instant as she darted to Pale"s side.

"The Hell happened?"

And who am I killing, went unsaid as Nat fretted in the sharp, finely honed assassin way that she had.

--------------------

PM
^
Peppernose
 Posted: Feb 5 2018, 12:04 PM

Peppernose

Freshkill:
Medicine Cat
Female
Played by Sparx

Badges

SkyClan

Peppernose was uncharacteristically late for the medicine cat meeting. The energetic tuxedo was usually one of the first, if not the first, to arrive, partly due to SkyClan's close proximity to the moonstone. Tonight, though, she was dragging her paws and her head was hung low, yellow green eyes downcast. Usually brimming with vigor, the medicine cat instead gave off an aura of anxiety.

"Hey," she muttered as she approached the others, not even noticing that there was a new face there, not even bothering to search Supernatural for a new thing to feel weird about. Did anyone even like going to these meetings? Were any of them close?

Peppernose glanced nervously at Mothermouth, ears laying low on her head. Her feelings about StarClan were growing ever mixed, but she was especially anxious about speaking with her ancestors today. It was the first medicine cat meeting since Elkpath's death.

Would she see him? Did she want to? If she did, how would she take it? How would she take it if she didn't see him? And what of the other cats SkyClan had lost recently? What if StarClan confirmed her suspicions that SkyClan was cursed? Were other Clans having luck like theirs?

There were too may questions spinning around in her mind, and she wished they would leave her alone. She hadn't felt like herself in too long.

--------------------
PM
^
telegraphavenue
 Posted: Feb 5 2018, 02:20 PM

telegraphavenue

Freshkill:
MED CAT
HE/HIM
Played by birbs

Badges

i begged you to stay

ThunderClan

telegraphavenue opened his mouth to reply with his condolences about the dog and apparent attempted murder, having noticed super's crooked jaw but not having wanted to bring it up for fear of somehow irritating the petite riverclan medicine cat, and also offer help if they needed it for herb stores, but at palepaw's troubled arrival, the brown tabby tom's words drained right out of him in a soft gasp.

the windclan medicine cat looked awful. her fur was dripping water and she looked somewhere between exhausted and frightened. understandably concerned for his friend, he padded around on pale's other side, saying nothing yet since supernatural had already asked her what was up and simply pressing close in an attempt to offer comfort.

when peppernose entered, he mustered a soft "hello." in her direction, glancing nervously at mothermouth himself before glancing back at their loose circle. what the hell had happened?

PM
^
Midnighttheater
 Posted: Feb 5 2018, 07:28 PM

Midnighttheater

Freshkill:
Meddy cat
Female
Played by Pine (#7)

Badges

Awards: 2

Dark Healer

ShadowClan

For someone who'd wanted to hurry onto Moonstone, Middy seemed to be running a little late. She noted all the other medicine cats who were already there, and meowed a quick hello. "Are we missing anyone? There's more than one thing I'd like to get done tonight."

After all, there was an apprentice who needed her name, and a sign of ShadowClan's new leader she needed to receive.. if StarClan decided they wanted to show her tonight.

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsite
^
seedshine
 Posted: Feb 5 2018, 08:53 PM

seedshine

Freshkill:
med cat
female
Played by Tybaxel

Badges

希望 the high priestess

ThunderClan

One by one, the other medicine cats from the five clans filed into the small cavern, and little by little the once serene atmosphere soured. At Supernatural's recount of RiverClan's misfortunes, Seedpaw could only offer a look of sympathy, flattening her ears as if embarrassed for being so cheerful. "I'm sorry to hear that," she muttered, curling her tail tightly around her paws, "I hope you feel better soon, miss."

It was then that the WindClan medicine cat arrived - an apprentice without a mentor, Seedpaw had always held a strong respect for the diligent, twin-tailed molly. However, she was taken aback by Palepaw's evident fatigue, layers of fierce anxiety sparkling in her green gaze as she suddenly collapsed to the ground. Pricking her ears, she rushed after her mentor to the white molly's side, concern glossing over her icy blue eyes. Before she could ask a question or offer any sort of comfort, Peppernose and Midnighttheater trudged into the cavern, both solemn with a tense, almost depressing aura hanging around them. Every last fiber of excitement in Seedpaw then wilted, her eyes trained to her paws as she shuffled aside to allow the others to pass through.

--------------------
seedshine ♀ - thunderclan - 14 moons - lynx point
bio + voiceclaim: beyonce
user posted image
PM
^
paleblossom
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 12:29 PM

paleblossom

Freshkill:
mc
female
Played by mikki

Badges

WindClan

palepaw felt more than saw supernatural hover on one side, then telegraphavenue on the other a few moments later. a long, shuddering sigh billowed out of her mouth when she exhaled a breath she hadn't realized she was holding.

it took longer for palepaw to find the courage to open her eyes and face the other medicine cats. peppernose was just padding up then, looking just as forlorn as palepaw felt. in the distance she could just see midnighttheater's sleek form slipping through the moonlight toward them.

"sageleaf is..." her voice quavered with fierce, sudden emotion that struck the windclan medicine cat apprentice like a blow. just thinking the words choked her. her mouth worked open and closed for several long heartbeats, pale green eyes swimming with tears. "sageleaf is missing, probably dead. we were taking rowanstar to the moonstone to give back his lives because i couldn't-" palepaw bowed under the weight of grief and blame, head falling forward between her hunched shoulders. "i couldn't heal him, and now sageleaf is gone because of it."

she looked up at the sound of middy's voice. "i failed." palepaw told her mentor miserably.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Peppernose
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 09:51 AM

Peppernose

Freshkill:
Medicine Cat
Female
Played by Sparx

Badges

SkyClan

It seemed like none of the medicine cats were doing so well since the last meeting. Supernatural looked like she had smashed her face with a rock, and Palepaw described Sageleaf going missing. Midnighttheater didn't look much better.

Peppernose sighed heavily, and before she knew it she was revealing her own hardship.

"Elkpath was murdered by a SkyClanner," she blurted out. "We know it was one of our own, but we don't know who."

She approached the moonstone solemnly, as if it might give her answers. "I didn't even have the chance to do anything about it. And if we don't figure it out soon, someone else could be hurt or killed..."

--------------------
PM
^
Midnighttheater
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 06:03 PM

Midnighttheater

Freshkill:
Meddy cat
Female
Played by Pine (#7)

Badges

Dark Healer

ShadowClan

Shortly after speaking, the gloomy atmosphere of the medicine cat gathering came crashing down on Midnighttheater. Seems like ShadowClan isn't the only Clan that's been facing a ton of shit lately. ...Then again, it is leaf-bare.

She leaned forward to give Palepaw a comforting lick on the head. "No you didn't, hon. You can't save everyone - it's a tough lesson to learn, but sometimes there's nothing more you can do."

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsite
^
supernatural
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 01:09 AM

supernatural

Freshkill:
Healer
Female
Played by Bits

Badges

My own worst nightmare

Members

Supernatural listened to Pale and half-growled under her breath to try and comfort the only other medicine cat she gave half a shit about.

"Did your best kid."

She allowed, but then it was time to move on. Talking about the murders and mess going on throughout the clans was... tough. But it was nice to know that Nat wasn't the only one who wasn't having difficulties. Still, she tilted her head at the mention of Skyclan murderers. Maybe it wasn't her place to speak, but she entered the cavern of the Moonstone once more and narrowed her eyes,

"I ... have to admit something that I likely should have admitted back when I was still a 'paw."

Ugh. Kill her. The glare she sent to the other medicine cats carried an implicit message of 'this doesn't leave this meeting'. She hated this, but they were the only ones who could help her out when it was time to choose an apprentice and train them. She was a temporary stop for Riverclan's unfortunate medicine cat journey, and once there was someone Starclan actually spoke to, she'd step back. So...

"Riverclan has no medicine cat able to speak to Starclan. I can't, and I haven't been able to since... before Bloodclan. So. Yeah. That's why I'm not joining you with the whole 'sharing tongues' things."

She huffed, and shrugged, making room for others to gather around the stone.

"When I choose an apprentice, I may have to pawn them off on a couple of you for the whole 'Starclan' thing."

--------------------

PM
^
paleblossom
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 07:50 PM

paleblossom

Freshkill:
mc
female
Played by mikki

Badges

WindClan

having her friends so close and supportive helped, but it was the gentle touch midnighttheater gave that lifted palepaw from her misery. the medicine cat apprentice looked up at her mentor, hope blossoming in her chest. the doubts lingered, their weight still heavy on her shoulders, but it was... a relief. midnighttheater and the others, at least, did not blame her for what had happened.

perhaps starclan wouldn't either.

palepaw's eyes snapped to peppernose when she admitted her own tragic news, green eyes widening in shock. her nostrils flared as she exhaled sharply, and the following inhale caught in her throat. "m-murdered?!" she hated the skip in her words; it had been so long since she'd last stuttered. it felt like eons had past since it last happened, since her confidence had been so shattered it made even her voice crack.

it was unthinkable that a medicine cat apprentice had been murdered at all, let alone by one of their own clanmates. "starclan will know what to do." surely their ancestors would give peppernose some sign. anything worthwhile taking back to ashstar and their grieving clanmates. palepaw had to believe that - not just for peppernose, but for herself and her own dilemmas.

she settled down next to her friend in front of the moonstone. craning her neck back, palepaw looked up the tall height of the stone to where a stretch of night sky was just visible through a hole in the roof. "your appprentice will always be welcome in windclan. i will do what i can to help them." palepaw said to supernatural, green eyes soft with barely disguised pity when she looked over at riverclan's medicine cat.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Midnighttheater
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 11:21 PM

Midnighttheater

Freshkill:
Meddy cat
Female
Played by Pine (#7)

Badges

Dark Healer

ShadowClan

Midnighttheater, in her hurry to get her business here over with, and in her focus on her apprentice's well-being, had completely missed Peppernose's announcement. She only shot a concerned glance at the SkyClan medicine cat upon Palepaw's outburst. A murder?

Her concern doubled upon hearing Supernatural's words. To Middy, a medicine cat who StarClan couldn't - or wouldn't - speak to was like a warrior who never passed their training; how could any Clan approve of a medicine cat who wasn't approved by StarClan?

Murders, a leaderless Clan, and an unguided Clan... what else could go wrong in the forest?

At least she could set something right. Two things right, actually. ShadowClan would hopefully have a leader after tonight, and WindClan would have a full-time, full-fledged medicine cat.

"Y'know, you do need your full name to start training someone," Middy teased Palepaw. "Luckily for you, I think it's time you got it anyway."

She stood in front of Moonstone for a few seconds to give Palepaw time to process what was happening, motioning for the other medicine cats to pay attention before she began. "I, Midnighttheater, medicine cat of ShadowClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the ways of a medicine cat, and with your help she will serve her Clan for many moons. Palepaw, do you promise to uphold the ways of a medicine cat, to stand apart from rivalry between Clan and Clan, and to protect all cats equally, even at the cost of your life?"

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Antarsia-Rpg Warriors: No Moon Bearbones Feles rebirth