Warrior Cats A RPG -> Woman in White

Warrior Cats: A RPG

NEWS: July's Gathering is here and check our Avatar Generator!

Interested in RPing a high position? We have some openings - check them out here!

Weather: It's greenleaf! The days are scorching hot - at least the nights are cool!

Ongoing Events:
Nominate your favorite artists and RPers for fall here! This will be open through September 15th.

Congratulations to all of our raffle and seasonal awards winners!

Add Reply
New Poll

Woman in White, open
Lavenderfly
 Posted: Jan 16 2018, 01:24 AM

Lavenderfly

Freshkill:
'warrior'
she/her
Played by bits
Member Inventory: View
Donate Freshkill: Here

Badges

Awards: None

stoner hippie

Members

She wasn't on Bloodclan territory.

She wasn't, really, but she wasn't far either. The city was a dangerous place to roam, and doubly so for those with little to no combat expertise, but Lavenderfly was being pushed to desperation, and her heart ached with the loss she was being accustomed to.

A part of her, twisted and frightened, wanted nothing more than to take it all back. To go back to her old nightmare, because as horrible as it was, it had been familiar. She had known how to survive. Was it wrong that she had thought herself able to live on her own? She had tried, and tried again, and now what? Where was she left?

Scavenging in the city, the stale scent of Riverclan barely buried beneath Bloodclan, barely buried beneath the new territory her father had claimed. And she was no independent creature -- she had run from her mates to her brother, her brother to her sister, her father. And now there was a leash of sorts, woven into her ribs and tethered to Foxscar. All she had done was traded one horror show for another, and this one was less predictable than the last.

Overwhelmed by her own thoughts, Lavvy let her eyes shut. She sat at the entrance to an alleyway, watching twolegs move by mostly unaware of her. There was something that she was waiting for, something that she thought she needed.

Slam!

One of the back doors of a shop opened and closed, with an employee discarding no-longer-fresh flowers. And among then, lavender sprouts. Yes! Exactly what she had been looking for. Oh, bless twolegs and their blatant disregard for natural seasons and growth. With a grin, Lavvy scooped up the lavender and held it near her, letting herself relax in the city for just a moment more.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
venus.
 Posted: Jan 21 2018, 01:22 AM

venus.

Freshkill:
she/her
Played by prunella

Badges

Awards: 1

knife cat

BloodClan

i, harbinger from the burrowed isle
A familiar scent drifted into Venus's nose. BloodClan. Though it wasn't uncommon for BloodClan cats to wander, just as she did, none that she knew of had ever ventured as far out as this. And in dangerous territory occupied by Twolegs. Venus was searching for mementos... medicine... you name it. Perhaps she could find some carrion with the bones still intact. Her collection of remains was quite extensive, but her mind never settled if she left a treasure behind. Her thoughts suddenly broke. She had to investigate the strangely recognizable scent. There was something masking it, though, as if the being had traveled quite a ways into unknown territory; away from BloodClan.

Simbi weaved in and out between Venus's pawsteps, effortlessly slithering in rhythm with her traipsing as she focused on the scent trail. It wasn't stale. And her nose never failed her. "Vos es non supponatur aliquid facere, hm?" Doing something you're not supposed to, hm? Venus murmured, lips pulling back in a taunting smile. Her speculation was that a young adolescent had wandered out of camp and into the city alone, but she was surprised to find Lavenderfly, a former BloodClan warrior and the daughter of Foxscar, ducked behind the entrance of a Twoleg store. Peculiar. Venus wondered briefly why the she-cat wasn't with her father. Had she been second guessing herself?

I smell lavender, the serpent daemon hissed, coiling around one of Venus's forelegs as she crept up to meet the she-cat. Her best bet was to surprise her. And steal some of that lavender. It was just what she needed, with all the hysteria back in camp. She crouched, careful to keep her belly from brushing the ground, and leaped, attempting to barrel into Lavenderfly and knock her over.

i bear the
wisdom arcane
♥♥♥

--------------------
user posted image
credit to tybaxel for the sig pic <3
bio
PM
^
Lavenderfly
 Posted: Jan 22 2018, 04:20 AM

Lavenderfly

Freshkill:
'warrior'
she/her
Played by bits

Badges

stoner hippie

Members

Lavenderfly, ironically, would have been happy to share her 'catch' with the stranger. She was a soft individual, loving and sharing to a fault - she could be staring to death and still give a stranger a bite of her mouse. What she wasn't, was violent -- or even skilled in the most basic of senses when it came to self-defence. She didn't like it and had never liked it. Even as Hollow and Spotted worked to impress their father, sparring and getting all muscly and strong, Lavenderfly was napping in flowers and bemoaning every little chore that came her way.

She was medicine cat of a brand-new clan... why exactly? Oh right, because she'd been guilted into staying. Or scared into it. She was unclear at the moment.

What was clear however was her desperate need to learn to defend herself, because while she looked wistfully out onto the streets, something came from out of her vision, tackling her to the ground. With a yelp of surprise, Lavvy hit the ground and clenched her jaw as the concrete slammed into her. She didn't have very far to fall, but the lavender scattered out beside her and --

-- she started to sob.

"H-Hey I did- didn't do anything you meanie!"

She screeched, pawing without bothering to extend her claws at the stranger now in her space. Oh Lavvy.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
venus.
 Posted: Jan 22 2018, 06:32 PM

venus.

Freshkill:
she/her
Played by prunella

Badges

knife cat

BloodClan

Venus definitely was not expecting this kind of reaction from the other she-cat.

She'd stolen things from cats before and they all reacted with hostility and a need to protect their territory. This, however, was a new reaction. She wasn't cruel, just a bit of a kleptomaniac who acted on impulse, and she knew in that current moment that she made a mistake. She hadn't taken Lavenderfly to be fragile, being Foxscar's daughter, but even the wisest cats made incorrect assumptions. And now she had a blubbering she-cat to deal with. She was not the best cat to come to when you were dealing with emotional problems. Sure, she could give advice, and good advice, too, but her problems with emotional detachment made it difficult for her to treat reactions like this correctly.

Immediately, and with surprise, Venus leaped backward off of Lavenderfly. She wondered for a brief moment if the opposition was just using this as a battle technique, but pushed the thought away as she heard Lavvy's pitiful voice. "Wait -- sorry, don't cry, uh," she stammered, brushing the stalks of lavender together and pushing them back toward the black she-cat, "I didn't -- sorry, I --" She couldn't even form words at this point, really. It was hard to take Venus by surprise, and within the first few heartbeats of meeting Lavenderfly, she'd managed to do it. "Aren't you, uh... Foxscar's daughter? What are you doing out here?" Venus mewed hurriedly, trying to change the subject somehow from the fact that the other molly was sobbing.

i bear the
wisdom arcane
♥♥♥

--------------------
user posted image
bio
PM
^
Lavenderfly
 Posted: Jan 22 2018, 09:52 PM

Lavenderfly

Freshkill:
'warrior'
she/her
Played by bits

Badges

stoner hippie

Members

If Lavenderfly had been a warrior, maybe the sudden tears would be a helpful tactic. It was surprising whenever it showed up, and people reacted wildly if an 'opponent' burst into tears. But honestly, she was too soft. she didn't like fighting, she didn't like being violent, and when Venus got off of her, she echoed her surprise sob with a sob of relief. She rolled back to her paws, sniffling grossly. Unfortunately, despite her grace and her long furred beauty, Lavvy was a gross crier. She hid her head in her paws, wiping at the tears that welled in her green, sea glass gaze.

"I - I'm s-sorry!"

She sobbed, barely hearing Venus' reply. But her dad's name made her stiffen, and she listened. It was difficult not to notice that the molly seemed to be brought back to sobriety by his name. She curled her tail around herself, and pinned her ears back, sniffling.

"Y-Yeah, Foxscar's my dad."

She was no kitten, over forty moons old, but she still whimpered when asked what she was doing here. Her pink nose twitched, and she picked up the scent of Bloodclan.

"Y-You're from Bloodclan, right? I'm -- Foxscar made me medicine cat, and we have no herbs, and I don't know what most things do and blood makes me si-sick so I thought I could g-get some lavender c-cause it makes p-people less upset - but then y-you hit me and - and I h-hate all this so much!"

She sobbed, burying her face in her paws again. Poor kid. Or... poor fully grown adult, apparently.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
venus.
 Posted: Jan 22 2018, 10:46 PM

venus.

Freshkill:
she/her
Played by prunella

Badges

knife cat

BloodClan

"Cur autem excusata...?" Why are you apologizing...? Venus mumbled. Quite odd that Lavenderfly would apologize for something that wasn't even her fault. It seemed she really upset the black she-cat. Fuck. Simbi hung back behind her, just as surprised as she was, seeming to be frozen in the moment. So much for a spirit guide. Venus hesitantly offered the lavender to the other molly, pressing it toward her paws. Maybe it would help her calm down. She honestly felt bad for Lavenderfly -- a pang of sadness rippling in her belly. She was empathetic, yes, just often had trouble expressing it.

"I'm the new plague doctor," Venus began, "strange that we'd meet. Apologies for trying to nab your lavender..." She trailed off, listening intently to Lav's explanation. It was unfortunate, really. She seemed extremely troubled. Awkwardly, Venus lightly patted the black molly's shoulder with a paw in an attempt to console her. "That's quite the dilemma. I'm Venus," she mewed, settling back on her haunches and giving her chest a few quick, somewhat nervous licks, "did I hurt you?" She wanted to offer Lavenderfly help, but she wasn't exactly sure the she-cat would take such from a stranger. Especially a stranger that just got done attacking her.

i bear the
wisdom arcane
♥♥♥

--------------------
user posted image
bio
PM
^
Lavenderfly
 Posted: Jan 22 2018, 11:26 PM

Lavenderfly

Freshkill:
'warrior'
she/her
Played by bits

Badges

stoner hippie

Members

"It's okay."

She sniffled, trying to make herself a little less pathetic. It didn't work, but the effort was what mattered, right? She rubbed her face again and practically deflated, gathering the rest of the lavender where it had been pushed towards her. Lavenderfly took some of the herbs and pushed them towards Venus, rubbing her teary cheeks and doing her damnedest not to start sobbing again. At least the plague doctor could have some of her plants. Lavvy sighed and hunched her shoulders, smiling sweetly at the pat on her shoulder.

Aw, it was nice that the other asked whether or not she was hurt.

"Nah, I'm okay... I just never paid attention when I was an apprentice. Too busy stealing catnip from the medicine cat."

She giggled, reminiscing about her own apprenticeship in Thunderclan. Oh, those were the days. Well, they weren't the days; she always got in trouble, and her father was always mad, her mother shaking her head while her siblings worked and trained. Why can't you be more like Spottedpaw and Hollowpaw, hey? Your brother and sister are trying their best, why can't you listen to your mentor? Oh, mom. But Venus introduced herself and with a little hiccup, Lavvy smiled.

"S'nice to meet you, Venus."

With a moment of hesitation, and with the thought of Bloodclan in her mind, she decided to give a tip to the Plague Doctor. Besides, she missed Ivyfang, and even if she couldn't go back (fear of her father and love of him warred together) she could help out Venus.

"Hey, um -- see this twoleg nest here?" She pointed towards the flower shop behind them.

"The um, the twolegs here put out old flowers and herbs sometimes. They're not all helpful I don't think but... um, that's where I found the lavender."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
venus.
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 12:16 AM

venus.

Freshkill:
she/her
Played by prunella

Badges

knife cat

BloodClan

Venus was grateful for the little amount of lavender the black molly gave to her. How nice of her to offer her some after she just tried to attack her for it. Venus could tell that Lavenderfly was a kind spirit. Many cats were possessed by arrogance and cruelty -- those were the ones that needed to be taught a lesson. But not Lavenderfly. She seemed too sweet for her struggles. Perhaps... she could help her get away from her father. She didn't resemble a cat that was content in her situation. The plague doctor was relieved to hear that she hadn't injured Lavvy, as she'd likely feel even worse in the situation. And again, Lavenderfly didn't even deserve it.

"Oh! Thanks," Venus purred, surveying the Twoleg nest that the other she-cat was gesturing to, "though I usually get my supplies from the forest a ways away or Twoleg gardens. Stulti et cogitare possunt custodi me..." The fools think they can keep me out... "Funny, really. I could show you around my usual spots. I don't mind sharing a little. Especially because you seem like you're in a lot of trouble." Venus pondered for a moment. Maybe she should offer to take Lavenderfly back to BloodClan. But would she accept? Probably not. It was worth a try, though.

"Or you could come back to BloodClan. With me."

i bear the
wisdom arcane
♥♥♥

--------------------
user posted image
bio
PM
^
Lavenderfly
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 01:11 AM

Lavenderfly

Freshkill:
'warrior'
she/her
Played by bits

Badges

stoner hippie

Members

At the mention of looting the forest and twoleg gardens, Lavenderfly nodded, beaming with enthusiasm as though she hadn't just been attacked and her fur wasn't still drying from her tears. Honestly, her mood was liable to change so quickly, and if not for the slight soreness around her eyes, it would have been impossible for her to recall sobbing just moments ago.

"Right?! Oh man, twolegs have super cool stuff. Once, I let a twoleg pet me, and they gave me this round thing that was so soft and fun to play with, like a thick cobweb."

Lavvy could remember the soft yarn at the mere mental reminder, how it had rolled around under her pink paw pads. Oh, she had given thought to becoming a kittypet, but in the end, she wasn't really into being caged up. She liked the outdoors, liked being around others, and she would have missed her free life, her family (even if they didn't talk), and being able to wander.

It was too bad that Venus offered to take her back to Bloodclan. Just like that, the carefree grin faltered and fell, dropped like china from a high shelf -- by the time she was smiling again, it didn't hold the same sincerity. Instead, it was just a little... sad. Seaglass eyes clouded just enough to notice.

"I... I can't go back to Bloodclan. Or leave my Dad. My sister's still there, and he's -- he's nice to me for the first time in my life."

She tried her best to smile, tried to feel the same enthusiasm when considering her present situation as she did with her past, but that lump was in her throat again, and she sighed.

"They don't even want anyone to visit Bloodclan that went with Foxscar, and if he found he'd -- well, I dunno. He's different now. I think there's less holding him back."

It was all she could do not to blurt out her fear of her own father, and the love and forgiveness that remained at constant war with it. But she wasn't... she didn't have 'home'. She was loved like a child loves a shiny new doll; briefly and in shallow measures. But she forced herself not to dwell on it, suddenly unable to meet Venus' eyes. Happy thoughts, she told herself.

Happy thoughts.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
venus.
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 11:10 PM

venus.

Freshkill:
she/her
Played by prunella

Badges

knife cat

BloodClan

Venus grew more relieved as the other she-cat began to steady herself out a bit more. It wasn't healthy -- being on the verge of tears so easily and so consistently. Poor Lavenderfly. Venus did feel bad for her, really.

"They do, if you know how to utilize it correctly," Venus began, seeming to become lost in thought for a moment or two. Speaking of cool stuff, she knew of many Twoleg gardens that housed dogs with nest-like objects they used to sleep or lay in. Oh, how Venus wanted to get her sneaky little paws on those. They'd be great in her medicine den. If they didn't smell like dog, though, of course. Eugh.

Venus was almost oblivious to the fact that Lavenderfly was struggling staying with Foxscar or returning to any members of her family. It was always quite easy for Venus to make decisions. She wasn't one to be overly indecisive. Quick decisions had quick outcomes. She appeared almost disappointed for a moment as Lavvy refused her offer. She already considerably liked the troubled she-cat, regardless of her hysterics.

"...For the first time in your life? Well, I can see why lotsa my Clan members are going after that young child your father took with him. No offense, but I don't trust a hair on that motherfucker's pelt. Oh, they're gonna be pissed if he hurts that curly-furred kit in any way." Venus knew she probably shouldn't be relaying this information, but she was aware of Adderfang and the group's departure already. Lavenderfly likely wouldn't be able to warn the cats of LionClan about the ambush and rescue mission.

i bear the
wisdom arcane
♥♥♥

--------------------
user posted image
bio
PM
^
Lavenderfly
 Posted: Jan 30 2018, 10:32 PM

Lavenderfly

Freshkill:
'warrior'
she/her
Played by bits

Badges

stoner hippie

Members

The young molly sighed at the mention of the curly-furred kitten: Sheepkit. She liked the child, and with a much older smile than the type she had worn beforehand, the molly tilted her head and considered Venus' concern. Despite her over-the-top emotions and her tendency to shirk most forms of responsibility (unless it involved kittens and families -- she was such a family individual), she wasn't... as young as she had once been. 40 moons old -- she wasn't a kid anymore, and she'd seen some shit.

Yet to the notion of her father hurting the child...

"He won't."

She responded, much more confidently than she had expected. To be honest, it wasn't as though he'd never harmed a child -- of his, anyways. She knew he wanted to be a father, knew he had such high expectations, and a part of her would always believe that it was because of them. Of her. Rationally, she knew it wasn't true.

Too bad she was irrational.

Pawing at the light purple flowers, she considered her next words carefully and gave a longsuffering sigh as her gaze fell to the wayside.

"He's... different now. Weird. He won't touch a kid, and if he tries to talk down to anyone I'll..."

You'll what? Curl up in a ball and waste away? Cower? Cry?

Her lips pursed and she looked to Venus almost apologetically.

"I... don't think he will. If it's... not safe, I can always bring Sheep back, right?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
venus.
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 10:56 PM

venus.

Freshkill:
she/her
Played by prunella

Badges

knife cat

BloodClan

"I think that might be fine, depending on Ivyfang's opinion of you..." Venus responded, remembering that Ivyfang and Lavenderfly were once in a close relationship. She hadn't heard the black she-cat speak much about Lavenderfly, but she imagined that was probably because of the pain it caused her. Lavenderfly had left to join her father, a crass excuse for a cat, for reasons Venus couldn't understand. She shook her head briefly, pondering for a moment. Sometimes she really didn't understand other people.

"Why do you stay with him?" Venus mewed suddenly, tail flicking in question. She really was curious. It seemed that Lavenderfly had a rather unhealthy, unbalanced relationship with Foxscar.

i bear the
wisdom arcane
♥♥♥

--------------------
user posted image
bio
PM
^
Lavenderfly
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 11:19 PM

Lavenderfly

Freshkill:
'warrior'
she/her
Played by bits

Badges

stoner hippie

Members

The flicker of sadness came back, redoubled at the mention of Ivyfang. It had been silly to think that she could have really... gotten involved with the Bloodclan leader. The other was a strong warrior, a sight to behold, and she was --

-- a crybaby. A coward. Her brother's words rattled in her head, and with a slow momentum, she realised dully that he had been right. She would follow her family, give up her life for them, and to be quite honest, she might die eventually. At her father's paws, maybe, or simply from some course of action poorly thought through. Still, at the mention of Ivyfang, there was a hollow quality that made Lavvy's words reverberate around her while she spoke.

"Right. I -- how is she, by the way? I mean, not that she wouldn't be fine but -- never mind, pretend I said nothing."

Her whiskers twitched uncomfortably, and she tried to ignore the pull in her chest. She was a lover, not a fighter, and had been alone so ... so long now. But that was okay! She was older now, and she didn't need to rely on romance and love. She had her chance. She missed her loves, but they were gone. And she had left behind others as well.

She was good at that.

She smiled again when Venus asked about why she stayed with her dad, and for a moment, she couldn't help herself. Lavenderfly laughed, the bell-like sound rolling and dancing from her maw, delicate and gentle.

"I'm afraid."

The admission didn't take much to fall from her lips, and she watched a twoleg on the other side of the street, her softness tinged with nostalgia, melancholy as she took in the rhythm of the step. What strange creatures, twolegs -- Lavenderfly wondered what they thought of, or if they thought at all.

"Did you know I used to have a mate? Two actually. And kids. And a brother, and a sister, and -- y'know it's funny, I've never mentioned it? But I lost my mate and my kids, and my mother passed away while I was away. When I heard that my father and my sister had come to the city, I was so scared of losing them that I came with them -- and my brother made it... clear that he hated me for the decision. Told me not to come back, told me I was as good as dead."

A film settled over her eyes, a long-stare looking out at nothing. But she blinked back something moist in her gaze and cleared her throat, not wanting to cry again, pawing at the lavender stalks below her.

"So I went with my father. Because I'm afraid. I've lost a lot, and I don't have much left. I'm not so good at -- anything, so I hang on to family. It's all I have."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
venus.
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 10:35 PM

venus.

Freshkill:
she/her
Played by prunella

Badges

knife cat

BloodClan

Venus noticed Lavenderfly's face fall and immediately regretted bringing up Ivyfang. Perhaps it was insensitive? It was hard to see herself in someone else's paws most of the time. "She's doing well," Venus mewed, vaguely. She didn't exactly want to mention the fact that she and Ivyfang were collaborating on herb and poison experimentation; spending a lot of time together. It might hurt Lavenderfly if she took that wrong... As if Venus was somehow replacing her.

Venus was slightly confused as Lavenderfly laughed, a light, airy sound that floated from her parted jaws. "Afraid," Venus echoed, tail twitching as she began listening to Lavenderfly's recounting of her recent life. "I'm... sorry," Venus uttered, gaze softening. She wasn't expecting such a happy cat to be struggling so greatly. She knew to some extent that the black molly had some family issues because of the words that traveled around BloodClan, but she wasn't aware of its full breadth. Suddenly she felt encouraged to help Lavenderfly -- to help get her away from her father. But somehow she thought the pretty she-cat would never agree. She was still tethered to the last rope of her family. If only Foxscar died, Venus thought to herself. Only then it seemed would Lavenderfly be free. Possibly.

"Well, I guess I can't influence your decision about that," Venus began, "but I can offer you some help. With herbs." Or with your dad.

i bear the
wisdom arcane
♥♥♥

--------------------
user posted image
bio
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | The City | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Antarsia-Rpg Warriors: No Moon Bearbones Feles rebirth