Warrior Cats A RPG -> don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me [p]

Warrior Cats: A RPG

NEWS: WindClan is reopening the tunnels! and The Tribe has a board now.

Weather: It's newleaf! and each clan is having some weird weather

Ongoing Events:
We have an art contest up to design a new shopkeeper.
Nominations for summer's Artist and RPer of the Season have started! Open through June 15th.

Forum Rules Welcome to SkyClan

skyclan is some cool cats super cool

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me [p], strawberrypaw
winterkit.
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 11:27 PM

winterkit.

Freshkill:
warrior
male
Played by mikki
Member Inventory: View
Donate Freshkill: Here

Badges

Awards: 1

SkyClan

it was early enough when ivorywind rose that morning that there was very little light by which to see by as he navigated the complicated maze of skyclan's camp. even with the apprentice's den close enough to the main cave, there was no moonlight to light his path. the night had been long and dark, and by morning a mess of thick snow lay scattered in through the main entrance.

taking his apprentice out so early, when so much snow had fallen the night before, was probably a little harsh. but life in the mountains, ivorywind had quickly come to realize, was hard. it was what made skyclan stand out among the other four clans. they didn't shirk their duties, didn't shy away from hard work, simply because it was more difficult. skyclan persevered.

it was just one of the many reasons why ivorywind was so proud of his clan.

poking his head into the cave that housed the apprentices, ivorywind squinted into the heavy shadows inside. "strawberrypaw? get up, it's time for training."

PM
^
strawberryfire
 Posted: Jan 15 2018, 12:10 AM

strawberryfire

Freshkill:
warrior
Female
Played by Tybaxel

Badges

Awards: None

勇気 the chariot

SkyClan

For once, Strawberrypaw was not awake hours before the crack of dawn, her anticipation for the day ahead burning long before her mentor so much as stirred in his nest. While her greencough had, luckily, dwindled significantly over the past several days, the fatigue that came with the after effects of illness lingered. As Ivorywind's voice reached her ears, the flame-pelted apprentice let out a muffled groan, rolling over in her nest - well, she had partially rolled into Deerpaw's nest, too. Golden eyes blinked open, squinting against the dim light as she made out the faint silhouette of Ivorywind.

"Eugh," came the hoarse grunt, her voice still croaky from harsh coughing that had since diminished, "But it's early. Are we even allowed to go out?" Slowly rising on unstable paws, the apprentice shook her pelt to dispel of clinging scraps of moss before maneuvering her way around the heaps of sleeping bodies. Strawberrypaw's eyes blinked heavily as her jaws parted in a massive yawn - it was quite evident the recovering apprentice lacked a significant amount of the fiery enthusiasm she was infamous for.

"What're we gonna do today?"

--------------------
strawberryfire ♀ - 14 moons - skyclan - red/white maine coon
bio + voiceclaim: sarah silverman
user posted image
PM
^
winterkit.
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 04:22 PM

winterkit.

Freshkill:
warrior
male
Played by mikki

Badges

SkyClan

too dark for him to see which nest strawberrypaw lay in, ivorywind heard more than saw her when she woke. her groggy, still half-asleep reply, no more than a garbled noise in the back of her throat, reminded ivorywind of her recent run-in with greencough. he felt slightly guilty for dragging her out of her nest at such an early hour but, ivorywind reasoned with himself, peppernose wouldn't have let her return to her nest in the apprentice's den if she was still ill. what strawberrypaw needed, more than anything else, was fresh air in her lungs to chase away whatever sickness remained.

ivorywind hadn't planned on doing anything too strenuous that morning, and he was glad for that decision now. moving aside to let strawberrypaw out of the cave, he turned and began walking back down the tunnel that led to the main cavern. "it's not too early to do some hunting." ivorywind answered. a small smile curved the corners of his mouth upward. "if you think this is early, i suppose i'm going to have to start waking you up even earlier. you've gotten used to sleeping in."

PM
^
strawberryfire
 Posted: Jan 22 2018, 07:51 PM

strawberryfire

Freshkill:
warrior
Female
Played by Tybaxel

Badges

勇気 the chariot

SkyClan

At the mention of hunting, the apprentice's dulled stare seemed to flare up with a sparkling anticipation, tufted ears pricking in curiosity. "Ooh, we're gonna hunt?" A bounce in her step - her gait was still somewhat sluggish from sleep - she bounded after Ivorywind as he lead the way out of the cavern, radiating excitement like a miniature sun. "Cool!"

The sun itself wasn't even visible at this hour - the red disk remained well-hidden beneath the snow-dusted crags, but it's weak rays reached skyward, painting the sky with dull streaks of purple and yellow. The air was abnormally still, not a gust of wind to ruffle the apprentice's flame-colored pelt, still messy from sleep. She turned to Ivorywind, a toothy grin spreading across her maw. "Where are we gonna go? Can we go to up to the peaks? The tippy-tippy tops of the mountains?" Her claws flexed in anticipation, brow furrowing as she tried to adopt an intimidating posture. "I wanna see if we can find a hawk or ... an eagle or somethin'."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
winterkit.
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 02:29 PM

winterkit.

Freshkill:
warrior
male
Played by mikki

Badges

SkyClan

listening to strawberrypaw chatter excitedly in his shadow reminded ivorywind of days long past. of afternoons spent training with endlesssummers and morningwisp, back when they had been endlesspaw and morningpaw, and he ivorypaw - hunting and patrolling and competing to see which of them was the best. those had been simpler times, when their small world had consisted of skyclan territory and nothing more. when the rest of the world had been a distant thing, and it seemed like nothing could shake their small home.

but then the twolegs came, and their family was ripped apart, and nothing was ever the same again.

ivorywind's expression darkened as his thoughts drifted back to that time, but as he and strawberrypaw left the darkness of the caves behind and slipped into the cool morning air he shoved them aside with a quick jerk of his head. realizing strawberrypaw had been talking non-stop since they'd left the apprentice cave behind, ivorywind turned back to his niece.

it was startling just how much she looked like endy. ivorywind was a little convinced she was actually his daughter - not by adoption, but by blood. the similarities were uncanny. all he could see of her now was the faint outline of her face against the dim backdrop of the sky, her teeth just visible in the lightening dark as she bared them in a toothy smile.

"no, we are not going to go to the peaks. or find any bird of prey, unless you want endy to skin us both alive." ivorywind answered firmly. "we're just going to hunt, and maybe spar a little if you're up for it later. you're still recovering from greencough - i don't want you to exert yourself too much before you're ready." gesturing with a flick of his tail against her shoulder, ivorywind turned down the path that led into the forest.

PM
^
strawberryfire
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 03:13 PM

strawberryfire

Freshkill:
warrior
Female
Played by Tybaxel

Badges

勇気 the chariot

SkyClan

"Pbth," Strawberrypaw expressed her disappointment with a wet raspberry, but she begrudgingly chose to follow her mentor down to the forest anyway. She lumbered along behind him, tail dragging through a thin layer of snow. "I bet I could claw all of it's stupid feathers off if ya let me. I mean, I have killed two badgers before."

The mention of sparring seemed to reignite the simmering fire of excitement in the apprentice's eyes, and instantly her head shot up. "Wait, really?!" Bouncing rapidly, she bounded up to walk alongside Ivorywind, her tail streaming behind her like a flaming banner. "Like, actually spar? Oh, fu-" A pause. "- Frick yes! Deerleap's been showing me all sorts of super cool moves, too! I'm gonna kick your butt!"

As the two made their way down to the forest, Strawberrypaw glanced up at the trees, stretching toward the pale, early dawn skies like massive peaks. She eagerly burst in through the entrance, waiting for her uncle to catch up.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
winterkit.
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 02:37 PM

winterkit.

Freshkill:
warrior
male
Played by mikki

Badges

SkyClan

ivorywind ignored the derisive sound from his apprentice and carried on, his paws finding a familiar path toward the trees once they'd left the rocky trail that spiraled up into the mountains behind. he walked slowly, with purpose, ears angled toward the approaching treeline. it was a quiet morning, too early for birdsong. the only sound was the faint howl of the wind as it blew through the distant peaks, gusting in from valleys and ravines that surrounded skyclan's mountainous home.

his niece's excitement was nearly infectious. she showed none of the signs of the illness that had kept her bedridden, bounding up alongside him to crow excitedly over the prospect of sparring. ivorywind's ears twitched, a small half-smile unfurling across his muzzle.

"you wish you could kick my butt. you have a long way to go, short stuff." he called to her retreating back, picking up his own pace to catch up. ivorywind burst into the trees behind strawberrypaw and took the lead, whisking his tail to signal for silence as he slowed to a creeping walk. pausing, he turned to glance sideways at the apprentice and whispered, "can you smell anything?"

PM
^
strawberryfire
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 07:23 PM

strawberryfire

Freshkill:
warrior
Female
Played by Tybaxel

Badges

勇気 the chariot

SkyClan

"Nuh-uh!" Head swerving around to meet her uncle's similarly amused gaze, she childishly blotted out her tongue in another raspberry - this one a sort of tease, a you can't catch me sort of deal. However, her moment of glory was short-lived, as the older warrior's unmatchable speed and agility had him thundering past her in no time. It was with a slightly exaggerated scowl that she burned her stare into him, but it was quick to melt back into an ear-to-ear grin as she plummeted through the forest, hopping with ease over fallen logs and scattered rocks in her wake.

Ivorywind gradually came to a stop, and Strawberrypaw followed him in suit. Her limbs were swimming with adrenaline, itching with pent up energy, and she could barely keep still as she trotted to crouch beside him. His question had her craning her neck back to scan the treetops, pale dawn light filtering through the canopies. There was little sound beside the wind whistling in from the mountains left behind them- clearly, the birds had yet to wake, but as she took deep whiffs of the wet morning air, she was drawn to the warm scent of many scurrying and snoozing critters, plump from last night's meals.

"Sparrow!" she whispered, looking at him with excitement. "And...a woodpecker, I think." Another sniff, this time low to the leaf-littered ground, frosted with light dustings of snow that had managed to creep through the treetops. "I smell mice, too. I think those would be easier to catch."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
winterkit.
 Posted: Feb 2 2018, 05:29 PM

winterkit.

Freshkill:
warrior
male
Played by mikki

Badges

SkyClan

strawberrypaw's body trembled with a faint, voracious energy that seemed uncontainable. he laid his tail over his apprentice's back to quell the restlessness that seemed to pulse from her in waves. he remained quiet, his own gaze drifting from tree to bush to tree again, listening for the familiar sounds of prey while waiting for strawberrypaw to find evidence herself. he heard the faint call of birdsong, so quiet it was hardly there at all; the distant crunch of snow under tiny paws that could have been a mouse or vole, but impossible to determine this far away.

ivorywind's ears twitched as strawberrypaw listed off what she could recognize, approval shining in his yellow eyes as she correctly named each one in turn. a squirrel began to chatter somewhere nearby, its cranky protests punctuated by the creak of cold branches followed by the snap of smaller twigs as it flew from one tree to the next. "missed one." he muttered with a crooked grin.

the warrior pushed himself slowly out of a crouch and motioned with a wave of his tail for strawberrypaw to follow quietly, ears angled in the direction he wanted her to follow. "you're right about the mice." ivorywind whispered, his voice no more than a breath ghosting past his lips. "you go first - remember to watch where you put your feet, and move slowly. they'll be able to feel you coming before they hear you."

PM
^
strawberryfire
 Posted: Feb 2 2018, 10:48 PM

strawberryfire

Freshkill:
warrior
Female
Played by Tybaxel

Badges

勇気 the chariot

SkyClan

The squirrel announced its presence with a shower of twigs and dead, crumpled leaves from above. Strawberrypaw glowered up at it, her glare hard but the giggle bubbling in her throat betraying her look of disappointment. However, at Ivorywind's next words, the apprentice, for once, clamped her jaw shut as she lowered herself to the leaf-strewn ground. Trailing him as he led her to a nearby location, she passed in front of him as he instructed, golden eyes flitting across the terrain with acute attention.

Carefully recalling what she had been taught, she kept her tail low to the ground, hovering slightly as to not drag noisily across the earth. Bulky forepaws felt for the minuscule vibrations that indicated any scurrying prey, ears pricked with hopes of detecting any notable sound. The nearby rustle of leaves was nearly inaudible, but the flame-furred molly was able to pick up on the gentle noise and pinpoint its location - the mouse seemed to be fumbling around beneath the leaves, likely scavenging for an early breakfast. A grin split across Strawberrypaw's maw as she gradually began to creep forward, a burning stare locked onto her target but keeping watch of the ground beneath her to ensure she did not accidentally step on a particularly crunchy leaf or twig.

Her movements were slow but efficient as she eventually crept up behind the mouse, just out of its sight - a plump, brown bundle that promised a hefty snack. At that moment, sheer anticipation and excitement seemed to grip her like a vice, sending her previously still form into a quivering ball of fur. As she waggled her haunches in preparation for the pounce, the mouse detected the movement and shot off in the other direction. Shock and frustration erupted in Strawberrypaw's chest for a moment before she pushed off the ground behind her, sending a spray of leaves in dirt toward her observing mentor. For several tense seconds she trailed the panicked creature, which was spiraling in confusion as it struggled to find a place to escape to. However, with one bold leap, the apprentice's outstretched paws clasped around the mouse, claws sinking into soft flesh as she drew it up to her jaws, nipping the life out of its fat little body with a single snap of teeth.

She held the carcass by its tail, her eyes sparkling with pride and excitement as she stared back at her mentor. "I got it! I got it! Look!" she bounded toward him, holding out the meal as if he'd missed the entire thing. "I can't wait to show Deerleap! This is even bigger than that one mouse he gave me when I was sick!"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
winterkit.
 Posted: Feb 5 2018, 09:54 PM

winterkit.

Freshkill:
warrior
male
Played by mikki

Badges

SkyClan

strawberrypaw crept off without preamble, leaving ivorywind to sit back and watch her progress. the warrior sank down into a crouch amid a snowdrift, his stark white pelt blending flawlessly with the crisp, untouched snow. he studied his apprentice's technique as she stalked her quarry, almost surprised by the silent way the young molly was able to creep through the undergrowth. she was always so loud, so boisterous; it almost felt impossible that she was capable of being so quiet when she wanted to be.

her form was good for a young hunter, if not a little clumsy when she got within range of her prey. ivorywind didn't dare move a hair, watching with bated breath. but for all the exceptional skill she'd shown thus far, strawberrypaw proved she was still young with much to learn. the pent up excitement she'd been suppressing exploded in a shiver down her spine, and as she rocked from paw to paw in preparation to pounce the mouse realized danger was upon it. it shot off like a rocket, strawberrypaw quick on its heels. ivorywind, watching the sloppy maneuver, sighed faintly as he watched strawberrypaw scramble swiftly after her prey.

it was a good thing they were in the throes of leafbare. had it been greenleaf, the mouse would have escaped and been gone in a heartbeat. as it was, the creature struggled to find a safe path back down beneath the snow. its fumble was its downfall. strawberrypaw lunged, capturing the tiny mammal in between her paws, and delivered the killing blow.

ivorywind stood to greet her when she came trotting back, crowing excitedly over the kill as if it were an eagle instead of a measly mouse. "you got it, but just barely." he reminded her firmly, gesturing with a sweep of his tail to the scattered snow and debris that revealed the path of her hunt. "that mouse wouldn't have heard you coming if you'd been able to keep still - you would have made the kill quicker, and you wouldn't have scared off the rest of the prey in the process."

the warrior jerked his chin up at the canopy above their heads, where the sound of birdsong and nattering squirrels had died away moments earlier. "it was a decent kill, but you still have a long way to go."

PM
^
strawberryfire
 Posted: Feb 5 2018, 10:41 PM

strawberryfire

Freshkill:
warrior
Female
Played by Tybaxel

Badges

勇気 the chariot

SkyClan

At Ivorywind's criticism, the flame-furred apprentice could only give an exaggerated roll of her eyes. "Aw, whatever. I still caught it, didn't I?" A smirk spread across her face as she dropped the meal to the dirt, using her forepaw to pile leaves and dirt over it's plump body so she could retrieve it on the way back. "I'll try to be quieter though. I'll have to be if I want to catch something really big, like, a fox or something."

Looking upward toward where her uncle was pointing, she noticed with a faint twinge of disappointment that the rest of the prey had, in fact, vanished in the midst of the chaos. Although her tail gave a brief twitch of irritation, the anticipatory light was quick to reignite in her golden gaze as she turned her attention back to the white tom before her, mischief scrawled across her face and shining in a fanged smirk.

"If there's no more prey to scare off, does that mean we can spar now?" She bounced forward excitedly, almost touching noses with her mentor. "Pretty please?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
winterkit.
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 02:33 PM

winterkit.

Freshkill:
warrior
male
Played by mikki

Badges

SkyClan

ivorywind's displeased expression only deepened further when strawberrypaw shrugged off his criticism with casual nonchalance. especially when she commented about hunting foxes. his lips pressed together in a thin line, the warrior slowly shook his head.

at least she had the sense to look chastened when ivorywind pointed out the quietness of the forest in the wake of her clumsy hunt, but even that didn't last long. ivorywind huffed an annoyed sigh. "don't awww whatever me, strawberrypaw. you have a lot of discipline to learn before you become a warrior. you caught this mouse, but if you had been on a hunting patrol you would have ruined the entire thing for everyone else."

strawberrypaw was still young. ivorywind had to remind himself that all apprentices were like this at one point - he had been like this, but that had been so long ago it didn't even feel real anymore. as if his apprenticehood had happened to a different ivorywind. the memories were distant, faded not only by time but all the trauma that had followed.

the look he leveled strawberrypaw with when she bounced closer, standing so close they were nearly nose to nose, was bitingly cold. "if you can't even handle hunting a measley mouse, what makes you think you're ready to spar?" ivorywind snarked in reply.

there was a strange gleam to the warrior's gaze where it pinned on strawberrypaw, an almost menacing light that faded just as quickly as it appeared. ivorywind cocked his head, lips curling in a mocking smile. "i don't think you're ready."

PM
^
strawberryfire
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 03:27 PM

strawberryfire

Freshkill:
warrior
Female
Played by Tybaxel

Badges

勇気 the chariot

SkyClan

The sudden berating that came from Ivorywind was a little unexpected, considering how calm and well-mannered the white tom normally was. But if Strawberrypaw was going to take the harsh criticism to heart, then she also had two heads. Again, she rolled her eyes dramatically as he spoke, drawing a forepaw upward to cleanse the fur of minuscule flecks of blood. “Jeez, no need to get all sour about it. I told you I’d work on it.

At her uncle’s next words, the mischievous smirk briefly dropped from her maw as her bright-eyed gaze hardened into a glare. Measly?But I did catch it, ya big fuzzbrain. It’s not like it got away.” With her tail, she jabbed in the direction where the mouse lay still beneath the leaves, it’s body plump and promising. “It’s pretty fat, too. Applebloom would appreciate it!” She kept her eyes on the carcass for a bit longer, a scowl present on her lips. “How come you’re such a crab? You wake up on the wrong side of the nest this morning?

As she turned her head back from the mouse, she only briefly caught glimpse of a rather foreign glint to Ivorywind’s yellow stare - for a moment, it silenced the frustration boiling in Strawberrpaw’s gut, replacing it with a bitter feeling of worry. So uncharacteristic was it that she figured she had merely hallucinated it after it faded, and tried to shake herself of any feelings of concern. Her brow narrowed, but a challenging grin split across her face once again as he questioned her readiness. She took a few paces backward, claws kneading the soil with anticipation. “I think I’m ready. C’mon, gimme your best shot! I dare ya! I bet I’ll surprise you.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
winterkit.
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 08:11 AM

winterkit.

Freshkill:
warrior
male
Played by mikki

Badges

SkyClan

he was determined not to give his apprentice the satisfaction of a reaction. strawberrypaw was goading him, he could tell. there was no use trying to talk sense into the hot-headed young molly. his words went in one ear and out the other - or perhaps it was better to say they blew right over her head and missed her entirely. strawberrypaw was as stubborn as a burr, clinging to what she thought was right with a bullheadedness that made ivorywind's head spin.

his efforts worked well enough until she mentioned applebloom, and then ivorywind couldn't help the dark look that passed across his face like a shadow.

tired of hearing about the queen, of being made to feel guilty by his clanmates over kits that were not his, ivorywind jerked his head back in a scoff of disbelief. his paws worked against the snow beneath his feet, claws scraping the frozen top layer. he still didn't speak, and though he managed to hold his tongue it felt like a hollow victory.

the warrior stalked a few steps into the trees, hoping some distance would help him to swallow past the sour taste on his tongue.

it didn't.

"maybe i'm just tired of having an apprentice who won't take her training seriously." ivorywind spat the words with disgust, as if strawberrypaw was the most disappointing apprentice he could've been landed with. whatever foulness had crept up on ivorywind was there to stay. gone was the hesitant camaraderie he'd woken strawberrypaw with, the soft smile at the corner of his mouth born of their pleasant banter. in its place was a blatant darkness, evident in the hard press of his mouth as his jaw clenched and the hard edge to his eyes.

there was no warning when ivorywind swung around and closed the gap between them in a few quick strides. the warrior reared back at close range and swung, claws glinting menacingly in the pale pre-dawn light. the suddenness of his attack was startling enough, but what made it stranger was the curiously blank way he regarded strawberrypaw as he swung at her. there was a startling lack of regret there, nothing but a tinge of dark aggression in his yellow eyes.

PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | SkyClan | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Antarsia-Rpg Warriors: No Moon Bearbones Feles