Warrior Cats A RPG -> Some things never change [P]

Warrior Cats: A RPG

NEWS: WindClan is reopening the tunnels!

Weather: It's newleaf! Temperatures are warm throughout the forest. Storms may pop up in the afternoon.

Ongoing Events:
We have an art contest up to design a new shopkeeper.
Nominations for summer's Artist and RPer of the Season have started! Open through June 15th.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Some things never change [P], Fishing with Wildeye
Cedarheart
 Posted: Dec 30 2017, 04:38 PM

Cedarheart

Freshkill:
Deputy
Male
Played by Lunlun
Member Inventory: View
Donate Freshkill: Here

Badges

Awards: 1

The Patrol Guy™

RiverClan

Cedarheart padded from the warriors' den, waking after a late night guarding their camp. It still felt strange to be doing it, but with Hollowstar's recent concern over Twoleg activity it had seemed more appropriate to leave someone on-guard than not. It still felt very much like a way of reassuring themselves that they were doing something productive about it. No one could stop Twolegs. Not really.

The cinnamon-furred deputy had a more interesting plan for the afternoon, provided that his intended partner was willing. He had avoided fishing so far into this leafbare, but he knew that by now it was time he faced the reality of it. There were a few cats who could make the experience tolerable, but only one who could make it truly enjoyable. The one-eyed tabby she-cat was probably about camp somewhere; the morning patrols should have been back by now.

"Wildeye?" he called out across camp, hoping that the warrior rested nearby. Pale eyes searched eagerly for the familiar sight of her form. His voice held no urgency. He was simply hopeful to join her, as a friend (and hopefully more) and not as a deputy. "Want to go fishing?"

@Wildeye

--------------------
Deputy of Civil Affairs of RiverClan.

Fullybody ref
PM
^
Wildeye
 Posted: Jan 3 2018, 01:44 AM

Wildeye

Freshkill:
warrior
she/her
Played by Shally

Badges

Awards: None

I don't want to be someone else

RiverClan

Wildeye had found a spot of sunshine in camp after the morning patrol, and curled up to rest. It might have been warmer in the den, but the sunlight soaking into her coat made up for it. By the time Cedar was calling for her, she was awake, running a wetted paw across her face to slick the fur back into order. She blinked, twisting her head to train her eye on the tom.

"Sure," she said lazily, whiskers twitching forward in a smile. The she-cat rose, fur rippling as she stretched, echoing his lack of urgency. The warrior had planned to hunt later in the day - but now would work too, really. Plus, it'd be with good company. That was hard to turn down.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Cedarheart
 Posted: Jan 3 2018, 04:35 PM

Cedarheart

Freshkill:
Deputy
Male
Played by Lunlun

Badges

The Patrol Guy™

RiverClan

Cedarheart twitched his whiskers in bemusement at the lazy sprawl of the she-cat's stretch. Her comfort within the Clan had obviously improved over recent moons, at least aside from Oceantides. Then again, no one but Pirategold and their kits were really comfortable with Oceantides. He was glad that Wildeye was feeling more at home and the feeling felt tender in his chest.

"I was thinking we could go down to the bank where that fallen tree is," he offered conversationally, though there was a notable brightness to his eyes that spoke of nerves and excitement combined. "The ice is thinnest around the branches and the fish like to hide there."

He flicked his tail lightly against her flank as she joined him, relaxing the tension in his shoulders as they started toward the river.

[[ OoC: Thinking we could get someone hit with a fish? And then turn it to talk of mates and romance? Thoughts? ]]

--------------------

Fullybody ref
PM
^
Wildeye
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 11:20 PM

Wildeye

Freshkill:
warrior
she/her
Played by Shally

Badges

RiverClan

"Long as you don't fall in," she teased amicably, blinking a one-eyed friendly blink towards Cedarheart. Wildeye settled in, striding alongside her long-time friend with a relaxed easiness. As she typically did, she'd left him on her blind side - a privilege the one eyed she-cat reserved for a slim few.

"I'd hate to have to rescue you. It'd be quite embarrassing for you, you know," she added, purposefully trying to avoid anything too serious.

@Cedarheart

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Cedarheart
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 12:21 AM

Cedarheart

Freshkill:
Deputy
Male
Played by Lunlun

Badges

The Patrol Guy™

RiverClan

Cedarheart chuckled, his voice a little rough from the nervousness that suddenly fluttered in his chest. He easily moved to Wildeye's blind side as she kept pace beside him. He'd long since been aware of his privilege: he was one of the few she consistently allowed to watch her flank, to walk where she could not see and to guard her from harm. She didn't need it; not really, anyway. Wildeye had been blind long enough to be self-sufficient on her own. But she chose to accept his help despite it, and it made his heart burn with pride as much as the gesture made him nervous.

Nervous, because they wouldn't just be hunting. He certainly intended to fish and to enjoy the afternoon at her side, but he couldn't pretend that he held no ulterior motives in guiding his best friend away from their Clanmates for a while. "I'll try to avoid that, then" he answered blithely. "-For both out sakes."

Her mischievous grin washed away the nervousness. He had no time for childish fears, not when he knew his heart and mind were certain. What Wildeye wanted from him was sometimes a mystery, but he was beginning to see the hints of what they could be. What he hoped they some day would be. If she felt the same.

The fallen branch over the river was miraculously clear of ice, but for the branches that had been pressed down into the river itself. Such branches were too narrow and brittle for their paws anyway. But the rough bark elsewhere would make for an excellent position to scout out the fish, and close enough to shore that their claws could swipe their catches onto the rocks.

Cedarheart quickened his pace and unsheathed his claws as he leaped up to scout the shallows for fish. Pale green eyes gazed down into the river's depths. There. A flash of silvered scales caught his practiced eye and the deputy practically purred his pleasure at the thought of finding prey so soon. "Spotted one," he called to Wild on the riverbank, twitching his whiskers playfully at her.

"If you feel like jumping in to catch it, I can rescue you first," he teased smoothly. He never fully took his eyes from where the fish languished tail lengths from his face. Too far to strike now, but he could stand to wait for it.

--------------------

Fullybody ref
PM
^
Wildeye
 Posted: Feb 25 2018, 11:43 PM

Wildeye

Freshkill:
warrior
she/her
Played by Shally

Badges

RiverClan

With typical nimble grace, Wildeye followed him up onto the branch, moving easily as it swayed slightly under their combined weight. It was a favorite fishing spot for good reason, though, and it held without true complaint. The warrior dug her claws in, tail curling close to her flanks but twitching slightly for balance as she studied the water. Despite having only one eye, the she-cat's gaze was sharp, catching the flash of scales a moment after Cedarheart.

She let out a soft mrrrow of amusement, her whiskers pricking forward as she studied the water. As any trained RiverClanner, she was careful to balance herself against the branch, trying to keep her shadow still and from casting far over the water. Fish did not hear well, but they caught shadows.

"I don't need a cold bath - though maybe you do, hmm? Might wake you up a little. You missed that one over there," she said, sounding amused as she nodded towards another fish heading their way.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Cedarheart
 Posted: Mar 1 2018, 09:19 PM

Cedarheart

Freshkill:
Deputy
Male
Played by Lunlun

Badges

The Patrol Guy™

RiverClan

Cedarheart scoffed playfully back at Wildeye, though heat flushed beneath his fur. She glanced pointedly down at a second fish, slipping out from beneath the scattered twigs and branches that spread where where he stood. "You probably had a better position to see it," was his excuse, though the wrinkle of his nose revealed the truth. He probably should have noticed that. And would have, if he wasn't spending half the time staring after Wild.

There was a sheepish shine to his eyes as he cautiously stepped along a narrower branch, following the fish as it skimmed along the river bottom. Like Wildeye, he had to be conscious of his shadow. Not just with the two fish they'd found, but for any others that might be hiding. His paw steps were light, nearly floating each step over the bark to keep the vibrations from frightening the fish. Slowly, he eased into another hunter's crouch, glancing up at the tabby she-cat beside him.

"Ready?" he asked her softly, flicking an ear. Her sole green eye shined brightly back at him. His chest tightened, watching the sunlight cast soft shadows on her face. Wild had always been pretty. She just seemed particularly more so in the face of what he yearned to tell her. He swallowed hard and reached a paw slowly for the river's surface.

His strike was swift. The water flashed silver as the light caught the splash about his paw, and his claws hooked firmly into the iridescent flesh of his prey. With an expert tug, he snapped it back above the water, and onto the branch between them. Unfortunately for Cedarheart, he'd also managed to splash water directly over where Wild had stood.

--------------------

Fullybody ref
PM
^
Wildeye
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 08:47 PM

Wildeye

Freshkill:
warrior
she/her
Played by Shally

Badges

RiverClan

Instead of replying with words, Wild just let out a soft laugh at Cedar's rather pathetic excuse. She didn't mind. Instead, claws scraping against the bark, she shifted her balance, focusing on the water. One ear flicked towards the tom as he asked if she was ready, and her tail gave a flick of assent, and then -

Frigid water splashed across her fur, and she let out a sound partway between a gasp and a yelp. The tail of the fish stung her nose as it passed, and she recoiled, though just for a moment. Always with her wits about her, quick to act, the she-cat lunged forward to dig her claws into the wriggling fish, helping Cedarheart to secure it.

There was the familiar sensation of sharp claws meeting resistance, and then digging into the scales of the fish. She let her hind feet and innate sense of balance ground her, her whiskers pinning as the fish thrashed through its death rattles. It didn't seem to bother her, and instead she looked up at him, snorting a bit of water from her nose and looking at him with a skeptical single green eye.

"Really, Cedar, you didn't have to smack me with a fish again" she said in a dry, though rather amused, purr.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Cedarheart
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 09:12 PM

Cedarheart

Freshkill:
Deputy
Male
Played by Lunlun

Badges

The Patrol Guy™

RiverClan

Cedarheart's legs were splayed in an awkward half-crouch, as the cinnamon tom frozen to the spot with water dripping off his own face and paws. Across from him, Wildeye wasn't much better. Probably worse, really. But there was mischief and laughter in her eye when she turned her gaze back on him. He startled briefly at the sound of her purr, and belatedly-

He laughed, too. His nose wrinkled and his head dropped, trying to stifle the low chuckles in his throat. He didn't make much of an effort, if he was honest. "Damnit! Sorry!" he choked. "I swear that wasn't intentional." His eyes were brighter than ever, all the tension and embarrassment of the moment before having left him immediately. He'd already made this mistake before, after all. And, really- he couldn't bring himself to be remorseful with the look on her face.

It sent a sweet fluttering in his heart that he never wanted to forget. Maybe the moment was more right than he'd thought. No sense waiting: Wild wouldn't in his place.

The deputy's quiet laughter settled, and his expression softened a little, watching the water drip from Wildeye's whiskers. "I think it worked in my favour, though," he admitted softly, the affectionate spark never leaving his eyes. He padded along the branch, ignoring the fish she'd caught. She really was skilled, with or without her second eye. But she was more than just skilled to him. "You seem to mind it a little less than you did the first time. ...And I got to make you laugh."

--------------------

Fullybody ref
PM
^
Wildeye
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 09:16 PM

Wildeye

Freshkill:
warrior
she/her
Played by Shally

Badges

RiverClan

Wildeye let out a choked laugh. "Well, you didn't -" She cut off as the fish gave a final, strong thrash, enough to make her grunt as she leaned heavily on it to secure it. "Didn't hit me full in the face and throw me in the river, this time," she finished, turning to look at him on the other side - and finding him closer. She blinked.

And then gave him a crooked, wry smile. "History repeats itself, doesn't it? Not too bad, this time 'round, though, I s'pose."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Cedarheart
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 09:33 PM

Cedarheart

Freshkill:
Deputy
Male
Played by Lunlun

Badges

The Patrol Guy™

RiverClan

Cedarheart smiled, though he had a feeling that Wildeye hadn't quite grasped his intentions yet. He stifled another choked laugh at her insistence, the first to admit that well- he really hadn't had the best of luck as an apprentice. Knocking her fully into the river was probably not the most graceful way to have started their friendship. Or, truthfully, the best way to progress a relationship he'd secretly yearned for.

He hoped not all of their history would repeat itself. He'd like to have at least a little luck on his side this time. "I like to hope I've improved a little since then," he countered, but the amusement was softening into something else.

"Somehow you've managed to improve in every way I can think of, change entirely and stay exactly the same all at once," he told her sincerely, settling to sit beside her. He tilted his head to the side, letting a soft purr rumble in his chest. His thick tail was damp now, but he flicked it alongside hers regardless. "I know you've been through a lot, and I don't pretend to understand half of it. But, I'll always want to be here with you. You're my best friend. I don't care if that means we're just always laughing over my inability to catch a fish without soaking you from the ears down."

Cedarheart straightened his spine a little, gathering his courage before it could all slip away. "It it means I have the privilege of standing next to you, I don't think it matters to me."

"I love you, Wildeye, and I always have." His words came on a single breath, feeling especially loud in his ears despite the hush he spoke them with. "Would you be my mate?"

--------------------

Fullybody ref
PM
^
Wildeye
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 09:44 PM

Wildeye

Freshkill:
warrior
she/her
Played by Shally

Badges

RiverClan

"You have," she shot back, a smile quirking on her whiskers as she looked back to the icy waters. It was almost idly that she eased down to the branch, one paw still securing the fish on the branch beside her, the side Cedar was not now moving closer on. She could see him there, not just sense him, for once the branch having arranged her with her good eye towards him and absent one towards the shore.

Wildeye, though, fell silent, a breath hitching in her chest as he spoke - and didn't stop speaking, his words hesitant but oh-so tender. The sort of words she'd been subconsciously aware were there, and yet somehow terrified to ever hear. The impulse to run was strong, a thrumming in her every tensed muscle as she slowly let that one green eye drift to look at him.

It was like a war in her mind, brief and vicious and terrible and holding all of the sickening thoughts that haunted her every waking moment. Of loss and anger and fury, of things she should never have done, of things that had been done to her, of a thousand foolish decisions - all of it, every single one a reason to make check after check in the negative tallies column that lurked in her mind. For a moment she was silent, looking at him, her head finally turning to face him in full - and then she turned away. Her ears, one torn, swept back.

"No," she said, in a voice dangerously close to breaking. It was through sheer force of will that Wildeye kept it firm, barely trembling. "Cedar, I - Cedar." She swallowed, hard. "Cedar, you deserve... Better. So much better."

After a moment, whiskers quivering as she stared at the shore, willing herself not to look at him, she ducked to pick up the fish, if only for something to do, a reason to head to shore, something. Just... Something.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Cedarheart
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 09:54 PM

Cedarheart

Freshkill:
Deputy
Male
Played by Lunlun

Badges

The Patrol Guy™

RiverClan

Cedarheart felt his heart stop for a moment. Wildeye's first answer echoed in his head and it felt like he'd forgotten how to breathe. He'd always known she could say no. Half of his days until this moment had worried if she would, if he ever gathered the courage to ask her. And yet somehow it still took him by surprise. It still hurt.

But she didn't leave him with a single answer to live by, and the surprise was quickly overtaken by a rush of frustration. It was a rush of protectiveness that took hold of him before he knew what he was doing. He moved to his paws as she did, stepping around her and leaping ahead to walk at her side, just ahead of her. He wouldn't cut her off- he couldn't. It wouldn't be fair. But his heart was screaming that this wasn't fair either.

"You don't get to decide what I deserve," he answered her flatly. For the first time in countless moons, he looked a little angry with her. He hurt that she denied him, but he could live with her friendship if that was all she wanted. This? This wasn't a reason he could live with. "I've known you since we were apprentices. I watched you share tongues with my sister, grew up with you. You're not any less beautiful or smart or- anything, that you were then."

His expression was pleading now, stopping as he looked his best friend in the eye. Soft, vulnerable. "Wildeye, don't tell me 'no' because of what you think I deserve. I'm old enough to know what I want."

"Tell me what you want. For you, and no one else. I'll always be your friend, whether you love me or not."

--------------------

Fullybody ref
PM
^
Wildeye
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 10:29 PM

Wildeye

Freshkill:
warrior
she/her
Played by Shally

Badges

RiverClan

She stopped, claws scraping against bark as she nearly unbalanced when he moved past her. One paw settled on the fish, claws digging in as she looked to him. That one bright green eye narrowed, empty socket following suit in a weaker version of the gesture. Wildeye shifted back fractionally on the branch, placing her weight into her hind legs as she suddenly had nowhere to look but at him. There was anger there, in those green eyes that nearly matched what her own had once been.

Wildeye struggled as she tried to find words - words that wouldn't break his heart, because she didn't care that much about her own. Failure after failure, loss after loss - she was stronger now, but different, she'd never bee Wildrun again. Not free and wild, that bright spark of life changed by brutal experience. That was who he'd fallen in love with - she'd known it, even then. She was not a stupid or oblivious type, always keenly tuned in to those around her, for all her once brash ways had grated on many and spun them around her paw.

Manipulative bitch, rang a voice in her head, though she didn't mind it much now. It didn't hurt like it once had. She wasn't that cat anymore.

She broke first, her gaze skating away, looking to the river. How was it that she knew herself so well, but this left her feeling as lost as the day she'd buried - buried them? It wasn't a lack of confidence. Wildeye knew who she was, and she loved who she'd become, even if what she'd gone through to get there still made her ache. Why was it this that shattered her? Why couldn't she just lie to him?

The silence was drawing long, and she couldn't meet his eyes, couldn't even look at him, damn it. Beneath her the river burbled, but for once the noise wasn't a comfort. Suddenly she choked on a sob, swallowed it down, and let out a thin, strangled noise of exhalation. "I love you," she whispered hoarsely, "because my stars-damned heart won't listen to reason, when it comes to you."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Cedarheart
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 10:46 PM

Cedarheart

Freshkill:
Deputy
Male
Played by Lunlun

Badges

The Patrol Guy™

RiverClan

Cedarheart waited on bated breath for her answer. He could've counted the individual beats of his heart if he'd had any sense of focus to listen. Instead, he felt like he was hanging by his claws, waiting to know if Wildeye would pull him up again. And when she looked away, he felt what little hope he had begin to drain. The anger and desperation drained with it, sinking into his paws. He felt a little empty, watching her and waiting for her reply.

She would answer. Wouldn't she?

Her hoarse whisper broke him and amended everything all at once. He felt his paws tremble as he stepped tentatively closer to her, touching his muzzle lightly to his whiskers. Just to remind her he was there. And then he brushed his cheek to hers, pressing close against the side of her face and breathing her scent with a tremulous sigh of relief. It might have been a sob, but he wouldn't be alone in his emotion. He could feel the tremble of Wildeye, too, as she fought to keep composure.

He couldn't say if he cared much about composure at this point. Most toms didn't snap at their mates when they first told them they loved them. They were already bad at this anyway.

"Neither does mine," he choked back, huffing on a sad sort of laugh in his throat. He was upset. She was upset, too.

But she loved him, and he her. That was enough to be happy about, even if there seemed to be no semblance of calm between them. His throaty purr sounded hoarse even to him, unable to keep the even tone that he'd offered before. But he got to be here. She hadn't left and she loved him and he was thanking every star he could think of. "...Please tell me that's a yes?" he asked, and his heart pleaded with him.

--------------------

Fullybody ref
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | RiverClan | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Antarsia-Rpg Warriors: No Moon Bearbones