Warrior Cats A RPG -> I’m a soldier now

Warrior Cats: A RPG

NEWS: WindClan is reopening the tunnels!

Weather: It's newleaf! Temperatures are warm throughout the forest. Storms may pop up in the afternoon.

Ongoing Events:
We have an art contest up to design a new shopkeeper.
Nominations for summer's Artist and RPer of the Season have started! Open through June 15th.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

I’m a soldier now
W o l f
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 09:16 PM

W o l f

Freshkill:
beastchild
Female
Played by Wolf
Member Inventory: View
Donate Freshkill: Here

Badges

Awards: None

not all who wander are lost

Members

The river flowed smoothly that day, the morning sun breaking through the trees, dappling the ground in light. The silence was unbroken but for the mapping of water on the shore and gurgling of the river.

Yet on the shore was a strange sight, a huge feline like shape lay slumped, half laying on the shore, his legs dangling feebly in the water. Great slash wounds could be seen on his side that had long since clotted though a little blood still trickled matting his dark rosetted fur.

His breathing was labored and his wounds had begun to stink with the thread of infection.

He had the look of a warrior who had seen many battles yet he smelled foreign. He didn’t reek of shadows, the scent of winds or woods didn’t mark him either, only water seemed to cling to his form. It was as if he was born of the river.

Who was this strange soldier who lay so close to death?
PM
^
valeriansong
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 09:35 PM

valeriansong

Freshkill:
queen
female
Played by mikki

Badges

Awards: 1

RiverClan

valerianpaw felt almost betrayed, like a close friend had done something terrible to ruin what faith she had in them. only instead of a friend, it was the river; instead of a betrayal, her father had drowned.

the calico remembered, very faintly, almost drowning in the river as a child. hollowstar had rescued her then, brought her back to riverclan to be raised. since then he'd treated her like his own kin, like they were connected by blood and not by circumstance.

even after that valerianpaw hadn't feared the river. supernatural had taught her how to swim, and she loved taking to the waters when the weather was warm. but if leafbare had taught her anything, it was that everything changed when the river froze over. it became a different beast entirely. it wasn't, of course, any safer in greenleaf - a cat could drown in any season. but it could be safe if a cat knew how to swim. as long as you knew to take the right precautions, knew the recognize your own limits, there was no more danger in it than skipping through a mud puddle.

she had avoided the river for the past few days, ranging in the opposite direction to hunt deeper in riverclan territory. but something had drawn her out that day. a nagging sensation that pulled deep in her gut. valerianpaw didn't know what it was, but she knew better than to ignore it.

she was glad she did.

a stranger lay on the riverbank. half in, half out, of the water, bleeding from various wounds in his side that ran in watery streams into the river and disappeared in whirling clouds of murky red. valerianpaw didn't think before she raced to the cat's side, crouching over him with wide eyes. "hey!" her nose twitched at the coppery tang of blood in the air, overlying the faint, sour scent of infection. "hey, are you awake?"

--------------------

user posted image
PM
^
W o l f
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 07:28 PM

W o l f

Freshkill:
beastchild
Female
Played by Wolf

Badges

Members

He felt like he was floating in water. He didn’t know why but he felt a kinship with water, as if it had been both mother and father to him. It was as if he had been born from it, molded by it. It protected him.

He realized he had been in a state of unconsciousness mixed with sleep, if that were possible. He was so close to waking, just drifting under the surface as if something were warning him to not wake, to just stay like this forever.

The thought was tempting for it was so peaceful here, he felt nothing, no sadness, no fear, no pain, no anger. Anger, fury, pain, the thought of these things had him snapping his eyes open. Orbs the color of stormy sea opened to the sky above as pain rain through his body like wildfire.

He roared in pain as he rose from the river, realizing he didn’t know where he was, his dark lips drawn back into a snarl, ivory fangs long and sharp.

Water dropped from his fur in small streams when his eyes came to the young cat before him.

“Where am I?” He said before falling to the ground.
PM
^
supernatural
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 10:06 PM

supernatural

Freshkill:
Healer
Female
Played by

Badges

Awards: 3

My own worst nightmare

Members

It would have been more appropriate for the medicine cat to be kind, to care when she happened upon the stranger before her. Despite his injuries though, Supernatural was not inclined to aid him; cruel? Perhaps. But their herbs waned, their stores low, and she was not inclined to simply give out their precious few. Between the violence that seemed to plague her clan and the deathly hold of leaf-bare, the stranger before her garnered no sympathy.

"Riverclan."

Replied the medicine cat, her sharp eyes cutting into the creature before her. Twisted as she was, the scarred molly tended to make for an intimidating individual despite her small size. The black she-cat stood next to her sister, tilted head giving away nothing before she flexed her claws.

"State y'r name, y'r business."

She grunted through the crooked jaw she was now to bear, no part of Nat exactly screaming 'welcome'.

--------------------

Thanks to tybaxel for the avatar and my dearest onesie for the signature
PM
^
123lionclan
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 10:08 PM

123lionclan

Freshkill:
Female
Played by

Badges

A wonder to both of us...

Members

As he crept through the reeds, Ambersplash couldn't help but marvel in his luck today. A large, plump bird was resting in the reeds, its wings soaked and unable to lift itself off the ground. 'It must have landed in the river by mistake, and now its trapped here!' Still, birds can run rather quick, and so he slowly crept up to the soon-to-be prey. 'A couple of more steps and...' Taking a leap that would rival a Skyclan cat (or so he hoped), the lanky warrior landed on the bird, digging his claws in to avoid being thrown off.

Grumbling to himself, the bicolored cat sank his teeth into the neck of the large bird. It sank down, its energt being drained out of it, and the bird finally went limp. Smirking to himself, Ambersplash lifted the bird's neck off the ground, and then realized where he was.

Looking forward, there was a river between him and camp, and a bird nearly his size to get across the roaring river.

'There it is. Of course my luck would lead to this.' Taking a moment to think, the brash warrior decided to just simply walk alongside the river until he found a frozen path to cross. 'It's a lot of work, but it'll be worth it. Lots of meat, white feathers to line our nests...' As he started his walk, Ambersplash zoned out as he thought of who would appreciate the catch, only coming back to reality as the smell of blood hit him. Casting his dark amber gaze out ahead, he could see someone on the shore, with an apprentice- 'Virdianpaw, I think?'- next to him.

Abandoning his prey, the young warrior began to dash over to them, worry evidence in his face. 'Please don't be a clanmate!' As he came closer, he noticed Supernatural coming up to the apprentice and the injured cat. 'Good, we have our medicine cat here.' Though he didn't recognise the cat, and as he came closer he saw how the medicine cat was treating the stranger. Stopping beside them, he eyed the stranger. 'He's certainly not a clanmate, but should we really not do anything...?' It was the middle of leafbare, and supplies were low, but leaving someone to die on their territory left a bad taste in his mouth.

"Hey, I don't blame you for being cautious but I rather not have to deal with a dead body," Ambersplash meowed to Supernatural, pointing a tail to the stranger.
PM
^
W o l f
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 10:45 PM

W o l f

Freshkill:
beastchild
Female
Played by Wolf

Badges

Members

The battered and beaten wildcat opened a stormy blue eye as he scented the approach of more cats. He was weak and wounded but even still he would not give up here. If need be he was ready to go down fighting, yet he wanted to live.

He tried to think of why he was here when he realized he didn’t know, he didn’t know anything. He knew scents, he knew a tree was called a tree. He knew how to fight and to hunt but he didn’t even know who he was. He of course knew he was a feline but he had no memories, save a name.

“Claymore,” he growled as he raised himself to his paws, struggling to maintain his balance. He could not appear weak, he would not appear as prey.

“I don’t know. I don’t remember anything but my name,” he said as if the realization was just dawning on him.
PM
^
W o l f
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 08:15 PM

W o l f

Freshkill:
beastchild
Female
Played by Wolf

Badges

Members

Bump
PM
^
valeriansong
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 08:39 AM

valeriansong

Freshkill:
queen
female
Played by mikki

Badges

RiverClan

the wildcat roared to consciousness with a startling ferocity that made every survival instinct inside valerianpaw come alive.

eyes like a stormy sky snapped open mere inches from hers. valerianpaw jerked in surprise, then scrambled to get away as the tom struggled to his feet. her own lips peeled back over her teeth in an answering snarl, mottled fur standing on end as she moved warily back. "you're-"

she didn't have time to finish answering his question. it took effort not to rush back to his side when he fell back to the ground, concern overriding her body's natural instinct to shy away from potential danger.

the stranger was a wildcat, much larger and visibly stronger than small-boned valerianpaw could ever hope to be. but it was in her nature to help, to show concern for even dangerous-looking strangers that washed up on their shores. it made valerianpaw ache with a certain kind of inward pain to be afraid of someone who obviously needed help.

supernatural appeared from the reeds behind her, saving valerianpaw from taking the risk. the calico cast a sideways glance at her sister and stepped close, feeling much safer now that supernatural was there to take the lead.

her yellow-green eyes traced the network of wounds criss-crossing across the tom's flank. for a moment valerianpaw considered bringing pointing them out, but the medicine cat wasn't blind - there was a reason she hadn't started working on the stranger. even if valerianpaw's heart didn't quite agree with her sister's cruel cautiousness, her mind could find reason.

another cat appeared just downriver, approaching at a quick trot with prey in their jaws. valerianpaw's breath caught in flighty panic before she realized it was a familiar face. with ambersplash they made three, better odds against a stranger who could easily overpower the sisters if he wanted to.

not that she and supernatural wouldn't put up a decent fight, but valerianpaw was honest with herself about her skills. she was no great fighter, would never be a great warrior like her father or even her medicine cat sister.

valerianpaw snorted audibly when ambersplash finally caught up with them - and though she agreed with the warrior's statement, it was impossible val would ever side with anyone but supernatural. "i think super knows that well enough, don't you think? considering she's our medicine cat." the sharp note to her words was softened by the small smile valerianpaw sent ambersplash's way, a sort of silent apology for the crossness of her words.

the calico molly's attention jerked back to the stranger - claymore, he called himself - when he spoke again. "claymore." valerianpaw said his name softly, hoping her light tone would ease the tom's growing suspicion. "you need to sit down before you make your wounds worse. you can't remember anything? anything at all?"

--------------------

user posted image
PM
^
supernatural
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 12:29 PM

supernatural

Freshkill:
Healer
Female
Played by

Badges

My own worst nightmare

Members

Supernatural levelled Ambersplash with an even glare, not bothering to speak to the other before she turned her gaze back to the stranger. Claymore, as he introduced himself. An amnesiac. The medicine cat didn't move yet, no trace of softness in her pale green eyes.

She saw her options laid out before her, clear as day as though written in the flesh of the wounded wildcat before them. After a moment's consideration, she snarled and shook her head.

"Val, fetch a few cobwebs from my den. A little marigold - the orange and yellow flowers."

A decision was made, and Supernatural stalked towards the stranger, her twisted jaw and scarred body seeming at odds with her small stature.

"Claymore. Lay down in the shallow water. I'm using up damn precious herbs on you, and you're not tracking blood and mud into my den. If you want help, you join Riverclan. Otherwise the infection clinging to your wounds can take care of you."

--------------------

PM
^
123lionclan
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 10:20 PM

123lionclan

Freshkill:
Female
Played by

Badges

A wonder to both of us...

Members

As Supernatural sent a glare his way, Ambersplash flicked his ears back and send a glare in return. 'Geeze, if you don't wanna do your job don't be a medicine cat!' Though he understood the need to preserve resources, actual lives couldn't be replenished. 'Even if it is a stranger no one knows.' Pushing those thoughts aside, he was relieved when the medicine cat decided to treat the cat after all. 'Even if I don't trust this cat, he doesn't deserve to die!' Still, the usually brash warrior was still worried about what the stranger might do, and he turned to Claymore to get some more answers.

"You say you don't remember anything about your name, but I find that hard to believe," Ambersplash meowed. "Do you remember anything about where you were before this? Anything about your home, like its territory or anyone you lived with? What about your injuries? Do you remember anything of who, or what, attacked you? Even if it's just a small thing, anything would help." 'The sooner you remember, the sooner you can leave.' While another clanmate would help his clan, the bicolored warrior wasn't prepared to trust a mysterious stranger who would need time to heal and learn to hunt on Riverclan territory. 'It'll be best if we can just patch you up and direct you away from us.'

PM
^
W o l f
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 03:42 AM

W o l f

Freshkill:
beastchild
Female
Played by Wolf

Badges

Members

The wildcat looked up from where he lay on the ground. His sides heaving as he breathed quickly, adrenaline pumping through his veins giving him energy that served to give him strength, yet his renewed strength drove him to struggle to his paws not wanting to lay before these strange cats as if he were prey.

The calico had been the first he had seen, her name was Val, the second a scarred she cat with a crooked jaw who smelled of plants that some part of his mind told him were herbs. How would he know that? It was small things that were coming back to him, nothing that gave him a clue to where he had come from, just things he seemed to innately know.

The crooked jawed she cat seemed to stand with some authority, barking orders at the younger she cat to get him something called marigold, flowers of yellow that would help heal him and cobwebs? He wanted to protest, but realized that his best chances of survival seemed to lie with the irate she cat before him.

He looked back at her when she turned her attentions back to him, she was giving him a choice. Join their group and live, or die from infected wounds. Hardly a difficult choice given his current state. He could barely stand, yet the look in his eyes was one of cold defiance. He would not die here, she would save his life, and he would owe her a debt for that.

He made a choice then, "To RiverClan I pledge my life." If it was a choice between life and death he would always choose life. A peace seemed to settle on him now that he had made a choice. He still had the grim look of defiance in his eyes yet behind it were eyes that were old beyond years. Who exactly was he? Where had he come from?

There was a third cat, a tom who come from the undergrowth and began to pepper him wit questions. He was not as inclined to welcome this strange wildcat into their midst. He couldn't really blame him. Yet he had no answers for the tom, "I don't know. Truly I don't know. I only know my name, if that is my name. It's the only thing I seem to know, so it is the only thing I can claim to be mine, so Claymore is my name, where I come from, I don't know. I know as much as you do. I cannot give you more than that."
PM
^
valeriansong
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 08:21 PM

valeriansong

Freshkill:
queen
female
Played by mikki

Badges

RiverClan

valerianpaw was reluctant to leave supernatural alone with the stranger, even capable as she was of defending herself. and she wouldn't be alone - ambersplash drew closer, eyes cautiously fixed on the strange wildcat as he peppered him with a dozen different questions.

"yell if you need anything," valerianpaw cautioned her sister, warily glancing from super to claymore and back again. she touched her nose to the medicine cat's shoulder before bounding off, splashing through the shallows and disappearing through the reeds in the direction of camp.

--------------------

user posted image
PM
^
W o l f
 Posted: Feb 24 2018, 06:49 AM

W o l f

Freshkill:
beastchild
Female
Played by Wolf

Badges

Members

Claymore sensed that these felines were sincere in their desire to help him, the black female certainly had made it seem so when she gave him the life or death ultimatum. She could have easily just let him die, she didn't have to make idle threats, just turned around and walked away, instead she had given it thought and gave him a choice. She though appearing gruff seemed to have a heart.

He felt the adrenaline that had at one point given him energy begin to recede and he felt his legs start to tremble. He would not last long.

He saw the earth come rush to meet him as gravity worked her magic and he fell to the ground, this time mercifully on dry land.

Once out of the water it was easy to see the criss cross marks that adorned his flank that almost looked like artistic spider webs. Whoever had done it, had taken the time to think about what they had been doing. He had been tortured.

His sides heaved as he panted, agony washing over him, yet he did not cry, didn't even whimper, as if he was used to pain.

"So what would I call my savior?" he said in an what two legs would know as a New Orleans accent.
PM
^
supernatural
 Posted: Feb 25 2018, 03:18 AM

supernatural

Freshkill:
Healer
Female
Played by

Badges

My own worst nightmare

Members

Ambersplash earned another glare from the medicine cat, not out of any real motivation but rather because Supernatural tended to dislike chattering when she was working. Or not working. Actually, come to think of it, those with the tendency to run their mouths weren't ranked very highly in the medicine cat's books, and the withering look she sent to her clanmate was spared of softness. What? She had a reputation for having a mean streak, and it was laughable how quickly she had gone from rambunctious, rowdy kitten to lethal warrior-aged healer with a sharp tongue and a sharper glare. Still, her focus was only diverted to her clanmate briefly before it landed back on the stranger. Claymore.

And yet the accented creature was asking for her name, wondering what to call his "saviour", and it was this that had the stern-faced molly hinting towards amusement. Intriguing.

"You still have time to die. I've not saved you yet."

That was her non-answer, and tsking as he collapsed out of the water, she began to scoop pawfuls of the river onto his fur, beginning to rinse the wounds as they criss-crossed the flesh in delicate patterns. Torture did not frighten her. It was not foreign to her, on either the receiving or distributing end. Instead, she rinsed the wounds without caring for bedside manner, only coming to answer the question because it'd be annoying to have to re-introduce herself later.

"I am Supernatural."

--------------------

PM
^
W o l f
 Posted: Feb 26 2018, 12:56 AM

W o l f

Freshkill:
beastchild
Female
Played by Wolf

Badges

Members

Claymore did not miss the withering glare Supernatural had given to her clanmate, it seemed it was a theme with this she cat, that she was all bite. Yet she knew the art of herbs, so did that not mean that she had caring heart? It could also mean that she enjoyed playing god, but he did not think she cared enough to want that kind of responsibility. Thoughts for a later time when he wasn't facing down death.

Her next words caused him to rumble in laughter. "That you have not, yet I don' think you are the type to let anyone go into the next world without a fight," he said feeling weaker by the moment.

"Supernatural, a good name."
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | RiverClan | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Antarsia-Rpg Warriors: No Moon Bearbones